Return to the Family Vacation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
anyone ever been on the voyager of the sea

Posted by britbritmay (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 17, 03 at 18:59

I was watching the travel channel last night and they the voyager of the sea cruise ship on there. I could not believe it. I called a travel agent right away. I am planning on going in July. Has anyone here been on that ship? What made you say 'WOW'

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: anyone ever been on the voyager of the sea

I haven't been on the Voyager but I have been on the Splendour of the Seas. In fact, it was my first cruise and I was sold! So was my mother, who was 75 at the time, and she now has 10 cruises under her belt and looking for more. Royal Carribean does a wonderful job of making you feel like you are the most important person in the world. The food is excellent, the rooms comfortable, the staff will do anything you ask, and they want you to have fun. The theatre shows are great, top-notch entertainment. Bingo is expensive but as the jackpot builds, so does the crowd of people and the jackpot will be won by someone on that cruise. My cruise was 11 nights and the jackpot was over $13k. Do keep some things in mind:
1. Don't drink the soda in your cabin - it's $3.50 a can.
2. Any/all alcohol is NOT included and those $5 drinks add up faster than you think.
3. Coffee/tea/soda are included during meals or any food station you find open. If the waiter asks for your guestcard, you are paying for it.
4. Try new dishes on the menu. If you don't like it, they will bring you another meal but don't wait too long to tell the waiter because they have 1500 people to feed at each dinner and they are on a time limit.
5. Please show up for dinner at the appointed time. No one can be served until all people are at the table. If someone is not coming, tell the waiter.
6. Sign up for any shore excursions asap or it could sell out. Depending on where you are going, you MAY do a better deal with a taxi driver on your own, BUT be careful where you try it. DON'T do it in Jamaica!
7. Have a great time! The water is so blue you won't believe it. You will have to come home to relax and rest.

Be sure to let us know how your trip turned out.

Wanda

o

Yes, yes, yes! We went on Voyager of the Sea and it was brand new (actually I believe it had made 6 trips before our cruise, so I felt a little relieved that it had been "tested".) It is huge and beautiful. The shows were unbelievable (as they are on most cruiselines).

If you haven't already left, be sure you have good walking shoes, as you will walk your feet off! Let us know how your trip went when you get back. We can't go this fall as son and fiance are going on their honeymoon but all 4 of us are going next fall.

o

I stayed on Legend of the Seas & the ship was spectacular, the food awesome & the service the best! I'd highly recommend a Royal Carribean cruise.

Michie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Family Vacation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here