Return to the Family Vacation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Yellowstone and weather in July / Aug

Posted by julie_va (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 19, 09 at 13:29

I am contemplating a trip to yellowstone and seeing Old Faithful in July or August. I have a couple questions. My hubby and I are both disabled and am wondering how this would be heat-wise and people-wise? I looked it up and it said the average temperature is about 76, do you find this so? Also, are there so many crowds there that we wouldn't enjoy ourselves? I am in the DC area and I know how the summer months can get, but August can be quiet as people tend to start getting ready for back to school. Thank you very much for your opinions.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Yellowstone and weather in July / Aug

Yellowstone can be hot in the summer and yes it could be very crowded with lots of tour busses and people from all over the world, but this year I am not sure due to flu etc. Are you driving? flying? tour bus? Remember that several years ago they had a real bad fire in the area and are still recovering and also expect the daily thundershowers and they do get that occasional earthquake. You mentioned being disable==many of the trails won't take the wheelchairs and walking on many of the paths is difficult due to the ground not being even. Hope this helps, but you could go to their website and ask more questions and get pictures.

o
RE: Yellowstone and weather in July / Aug

I went there the end of June about 12 years ago. It was hot hot hot!! Add that to the heat of all the geysers you are going to see and it gets worse. Always carry water with you. I made the mistake on one short walk and it was awful. I learned my lesson. Wearing a hat to keep the strong sun off your head helps alot. I happened to have one with a wider brim, Kind of safari look to it I got at a sporting goods store.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Family Vacation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here