Return to the Family Vacation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Alaska Cruise Excursions?

Posted by solstice98 (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 7, 07 at 12:33

I'll be on an Alaskan cruise in early August, touring the Inside Passage. Anybody have a recommendation for shore excursions?

Thanks in advance!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Alaska Cruise Excursions?

Go to Cruisecritic.com and then to the boards. Skrole down till you see the board that has all the sites the cruises go to and choose Alaska. You'll be amazed at all the info there on what to do and what NOT to do.

o

If your cruise goes to Wrangell (and not all of them do) don't do anything but walk around down town. We took some silly excursion there that was a waste of time. Do take the train ride that might be out of Kitchekan. It's probably the only train ride offered. It was worth the$.

o

My wife and I took an Alaskan cruise last August (06') the only excursion we took was the train ride out of Ketchikan, it was very scenic but very boring on the way back, everybody was getting sleepy. All in all I guess I would recommend it. Definitely go to Mendenhall glacier, we just took a bus from town, it was like $6 apiece round trip. Hope you got a balcony room , it's worth the money. Our ship couldn't get in close enough to see the Sawyer glacier so you might consider taking an excursion to see it on a smaller boat. I'm sure you'll enjoy the trip overall, it's absolutely awe inspiring scenery, we plan on going back again someday.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Family Vacation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here