Return to the Family Vacation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rental car companies

Posted by cocooner (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 29, 05 at 11:29

My DH and I are travelling to Austin, TX for a few days next month. We need to get a rental car. Does anyone have suggestions for a reputable company? I was thinking of Alamo but would welcome other ideas.

thanks, cocooner

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rental car companies

budget at the airport is the cheapest in town-i lived in austin for over a year until recently. Enterprise was the most expensive. budget had nice clean vehicles that worked great!

have fun in austin

also if u want a great place with a view fo dinner, try the oasis on the lake. can't beat it

jen

o

I just go on the WEB and find the best deal. Unless it's a company I've never heard of. I have yet to have a problem with any of them. And believe me, Hertz or Avis are not worth the extra money.

o

I agree Budget.

o

We're back from our trip. Budget would've been the cheapest of the firms located at the airport. But I did some digging and found a local firm, Longhorn Rentals, saving over $100 on the deal. The vehicle was fine. Now they did not really offer transportation to/from the airport, but since we had relatives locally, it was not an issue for us. I would use them again if I travelled to the Austin area.

cocooner

o

On our honeymoon at Walt Disney World, Orlando FL 1983 we had previously arranged to rent a car at Alamo in the airport. They 'suggested' (and I agreed) to take their no deductible insurance, $7 a day back then. They had pictures of smashed-to-smithereens cars on the walls with a sign 'Wouldn't you feel better if YOU were covered?' just as an arm twister. I fell for it. I found out later that I could get a copy of my own car insurance policy from my agent showing the rider that it covers rental cars, and saved the $49. That's what I did when I took my kids there in '01.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Family Vacation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here