Return to the Family Vacation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Things to do in Italy

Posted by recordstraight (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 6, 14 at 17:43

We are going on a family vacation to Italy this July. My older children have what they are doing already planned but we are looking for things to do with our 8 year old any tips on what to do. We are going to Milan, Venice, Florence, and Rome. Our trip is for 13 days. Has anyone been there and if so are you willing to give advice. Thanks in advance

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Things to do in Italy

Venice is magic-just walking around is fantastic. Make sure to take a gondola ride at night. Pricey, but worth it.

Rome-the Colosseum and the Vatican were my favorites. St. Peter's and the Sistine Chapel are not to be missed. Get tickets ahead of time on-line for the Colosseum and the Sistine. Again, just walking around the city is amazing. Rome has the best water you will ever drink and it is available at fountains throughout the city.

Florence- David by Michelangelo. Do not miss it. The most beautiful art I have ever seen. Florence has many piazzas that have street magicians and such. Also, the Ponte Vecchio is a fun place for an evening. Get advance tickets for David, as well.

Milan has the Last Supper and not much else. I wouldn't spend any time there after seeing the Last Supper. You must have tickets.

If you get a chance, go to Pisa. It's a fun day trip and even an 8 year old will be awed by the tower. I was not expecting much more than a tourist trap but I found the tower to be incredibly beautiful.

We went two years ago and are going back in the fall.

Linda

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Family Vacation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here