Return to the Family Vacation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Most Romantic Carribean Island with good food!

Posted by ausavannah (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 14, 08 at 13:59

My husband and I go to a different island every summer for our anniversary. We didn't go last year because we had newborn twins! Well, this year, we're going! And we're not bringing our kids. I feel like after having the twins, we really REALLY need a little romance. This has been a tough year, and I'm in DIRE need of a relaxing vacation. All I want is to spend some alone time with my husband and eat really good food. Where would you suggest we go? I would like to go somewhere in the carribean as this is easiest for us to get to. We've been to Aruba, St. Lucia, Barbados, Bermuda and Hawaii.
Thanks!
Savannah

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Most Romantic Carribean Island with good food!

St. Martin/Maarten -- the French side. The food in the village of Grand Case is awesome and upscale. Margot is the main village on the French side. Philipsburg is the main village on the Dutch side. It's an easy island to drive around, too. Pretty island. Nice people. Good water sports available. Boating (sailboat or catamaran) on a snorkeling trip over to Anguilla for a day, including lunch at a beach place, is fun, too.

I've been to the Dominican Republic, Grand Cayman, Cozumel, St. Croix, St. John, Jamaica, Antigua. Of all, I prefer the cuisine on St. Martin.

o

ah... just head straight to Anguilla.... a wonderful island... a tad bit hard to get to... but you can ferry from St Maarten...

Wonderful food, quiet secluded resorts, wonderful beaches...

o

I have been to Barbados, Cayman Islands, St. Lucia, Puerto Rico, Trinidad & Tobago.

Of all the islands, I would recommend Tobago. Less touristy I thought than the cruise ship isle (St. Lucia) with some very romantic type hotels. Great food.

o

I've been to Cayman Islands, Aruba, St. Maarten, St. Thomas, Carraco, Cozumel, Puerto Rico, Costa Rica, Jamaica and my favorites were Costa Rica and the Cayman Islands. But, I liked everyone of them and would go back to any in a heartbeat.

I also love Key West, Fl.

o

I really liked the french ambience of Martinique. It's my favorite island.

o

I would like to know how can i get to the french side of st. martin which i think is Margot, cruise ship docks on Dutch side .is there a ferry or bus thank you.....

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Family Vacation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here