Return to the Family Vacation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is a passport required?

Posted by shaun (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 28, 09 at 13:55

Is it necessary to have a passport to take a 6 day cruise from Miami to the Bahamas?? I keep getting conflicting answers.

Anyone know for sure????

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is a passport required?

Take it to be sure. It is the best form of ID you can have.

o

If you are going to go to a foreign country, you need a passport. Heck, you even need one for Canada now.
Do you honestly want to dock in the Bahamas and have to stay on the boat?

o

I do believe you just need the card if you're traveling through the Bahamas and Canada...But if you're traveling abroad, you do indeed need the passport...I think the card costs $35.00, where the passport is close or a little over $100....

o

I would really check it out. I recently went to visit my granddaughter in State of Washington and she told me to make sure I got a passport. I'm glad I did I still may be in Canada...

o

For any questions about passports, go to the Department of State website. I put the link below. For something this important, always check with the authorities! The rules change and another change is coming June 1st, 2009.
Looks like a passport card instead of a passport will still be OK for the Bahamas after June 1, but check the site for details.

Here is a link that might be useful: Travel.state.gov

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Family Vacation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here