SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
suzieque_gw

Solo to Italy

suzieque
14 years ago

Hello -

I am just getting started in planning a trip to Italy, hopefully this summer (2010). I will be going alone. I'm interested in a cooking class or 2, food and wine, some history, pretty and quaint villages, and the like. I've seen enough churches and cathedrals during my travels to last a lifetime, so not so interested in that. I'm not comfortable with renting/driving a car over there, so will depend upon taxis, perhaps a tour driver, etc.

I've been to Tuscany before with a large group; it was the best vacation of my life. I wouldn't at all mind going back to that region but certainly am not limiting myself to it.

Since my trip will only be one week, I guess it'd make more sense to stay in one spot where there are things nearby that can be walked to or easy cab ride, and then maybe take some day trips from there.

Please offer any suggestions and tips about solo travel, places in Italy that you've visited and loved and why (I understand that this is all subjective, but it would be helpful to hear your views), things to avoid, how to not spend copius amounts of money, stay safe, etc.

Thanks!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths