Return to the Family Vacation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hotel recommendations near Orange, CA

Posted by willsgram (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 27, 07 at 10:54

My husband and I are planning a trip this summer, to visit our daughter, who lives in Orange, CA. We will be flying into either LAX, or John Wayne Airport. Since her home is quite small, we will probably stay in a nearby hotel. I've been online looking at the various hotel sites, reading reviews, etc., but wondered if anyone here could help me out. Could you name some hotels or motels that would be convenient to Orange, not too expensive (although, I'm not looking for the cheapest), and hopefully ones you have stayed in. We're not going to Disney, so proximity to the park is definitely not necessary.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hotel recommendations near Orange, CA

Orange County airport is the easiest. In traffic it could take over an hour to get to Orange from LAX. There are lots of great areas around Orange. I live here, so I don't know first-hand the good hotels in the area, but I hear great things about the Ayres chain. I would look for a chain hotel in Irvine, Orange, or Tustin. They are nice, safe cities, and very close to Orange. Perhaps your daughter knows of a good hotel? Good luck and enjoy your trip!

o

I live in Orange.

The advice about Orange County airport is right on. Next best choice is Long Beach airport, which is quite small. Third would be Ontario airport.

There are some hotels along the 55 Fwy between the airport and Orange. Also a small motel (I pass it frequently, can't remember the name but could get it for you) on Tustin Avenue between La Veta and the 22 Fwy.

There is a Doubletree Hotel near the Block (shopping center) in Orange (west side of town), but that may be more pricey than you have in mind.

You can also go into some of the travel sites and search for a hotel based on proximity to your daughter's address.

Where in Orange is your daughter located (cross streets are fine)?

o

Thanks for your responses. My daughter has also recommended the Doubletree Hotel, since it's near the shopping center. We are antique store and flea market junkies and she says Orange is well known for them. She also thinks we should fly into the Orange County Airport, and I'm in the process of checking air fares. She lives on N. Waverly St...is that near the motel on Tustin?

o

Your daughter appears to be in the old town (aka Olde Towne) area. Despite the cutesy name it's a pleasant area with many nicely restored old homes, a good change from the usual housing tracts. There are lots of antique stores right around the Plaza (Glassell/Chapman, the Brits would call it a roundabout).

The place I was thinking about is the Orange Tustin Inn and it's about the closest you will find to her house. Here's a link to it. It looks modest and is right by the #22 freeway. I'd have her check it out.
http://travel.yahoo.com/p-hotel-342676-orange_tustin_inn-i

o

We'll be in Orange County in August for a wedding; and will be staying at the DoubleTree on Hutton Center Drive for three nights. We've booked a King room with a lake view and it includes a full breakfast for two each day (it's called the Dream Deal). Room rate is $104 per night. Free parking, too, which is nice because we will have a rental car.

Anyway, here are the directions to the hotel, taken from the hotel web site:

Directions From Orange County Airport: Exit airport left on to MacArthur. Follow approx. 1 1/2 miles to Hutton Centre drive. Turn left. Follow the signs. Hotel will be on the right. From John Wayne Airport take the exit ramp for the 55 freeway (north). Exit at first exit (MacArthur Blvd.), and turn left (which is west, under the freeway). Go under freeway to the first available left (Hutton Centre), turn left. The hotel is one block down Hutton Centre Drive, on the left side. Address is #7 Hutton Centre Drive. Hotel provides complimentary transportation 6am-11pm. Guests can call from the baggage claim area or by the shuttle stop. Yellow Cab available for after hours service. Rental car service available at airport. From LAX/Long Beach/Seal Beach/Fountain Valley - Take 405 south to 55 Freeway North (toward Riverside), Exit at first exit (MacArthur Blvd). Turn left (West) on MacArthur. Make first available left at Hutton Centre Drive. Hotel is one block down on the left. From Los Angeles (Near Dodger Stadium)/Burbank/Buena Park - Take 5 Freeway south to 55 Freeway south (toward Newport), off at MacArthur Blvd. Turn right (west) at MacArthur, and then make first available left at Hutton Centre. Hotel is one block down Hutton Centre Drive on the left. From San Diego/Oceanside/Mission Viejo - Take 5 Freeway north to 405 Freeway north to 55 Freeway north (toward Riverside), off at MacArthur Blvd. Turn left (west) on MacArthur. Make first available left at Hutton Centre Drive. Hotel is one block down on the left. From Newport Beach - Take 55 Freeway north (toward Riverside) off at MacArthur Blvd. Turn left (west) on MacArthur. Make first available left at Hutton Centre Drive. Hotel is one block down on the left. From Diamond Bar/Fullerton/Anaheim - Take 57 Freeway south to 5 Freeway south to 55 Freeway south (toward Newport), off at MacArthur Blvd. Turn right (west) on MacArthur. Make first available left at Hutton Centre Drive. Hotel is one block down Hutton Centre Drive on the left.

o

Here's another possibility right in Olde Towne, very close to the antique stores, Ruta's Inn. Might even be within walking distance of your daughter, though my "walking distance" might not be yours. I have eaten at the restaurant next door (same owners).
http://www.rutabegorz.com/aboutRutas/inn.htm

Lindey is telling you about a DoubleTree closer to the airport; there is a another one in Orange near the Block, where parking is not free (tho I bet you could park for free at the Block and walk a little distance).

o

Thanks everyone, for the great information. I'm going to have my daughter check out the two places you recommended, trekker. We are really looking forward to our first-time visit to California!

o

Hey guys,
When I went to Europe last year, I have visited many places in Europe. I would like to suggest you to consider Portugal this time. I have enjoyed there, it offers a good variety of cuisine. I loved Portugal cuisine and advice you to plan a trip there and enjoy with your family. You can check out [url=http://www.sletoh.com/r244658.html] www.sletoh.com [/url] for more details of hotel accommodation and their rates of all Hotels/Resorts of Portugal.
I hope my information will help you. Enjoy!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Family Vacation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here