SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rosegarden3

Cross country trip from Michigan to Redwood National Park, CA

rosegarden3
16 years ago

I am trying to plan a trip from northern MI to Redwood park CA. I did a search on here for Redwood National Park and could not find anything about the park itself. Does anyone have any advice about the Redwood National Park. RNP is our main/final destination then return trip home. I have never been there or anywhere west, and I don't know of anyone that has. so my questions are...

for my husband, myself, daughter 18, daughter 8, son 6, 2 dogs Golden ret. and a newfoundland. We plan on camping (tent) for the most part unless it is bad weather.

What to do when we get there?

Are most National/State parks Dog friendly?

We will need to stop a lot along the way because of the kids and dogs. So what parks or things to do are there along the way? (we like site seeing, camping, outdoors things)

How long should I plan on it taking us? We like to take our time and my DH has a 30 day vacation he can take in the summer. We were thinking mid June to mid July(not that we have to take a 30 day vac. just that's the time frame we have).

It is basically a 2500 mile trip(give or take) so maybe spread out over 2 weeks or less, do you think that would be reasonable?

I have always wanted to go to the Redwoods park, and we would like to make it a family cross country trip. (yea 2 weeks in a Tahoe with 3 kids and 2 dogs that's going to be a vacation) :)

also any susgestions on traveling with kids and dogs?

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Columbus Premier Design-Build and General Contractor