SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
livvysmom

Carnival Valor

livvysmom
16 years ago

I just booked a cruise for DH, me and our two children (6 and 8) on the Valor.

Would love to hear anyone's experience (especially with children) aboard a ship.

Comments (9)

• terrig_2007
    16 years ago

I LOVE cruises and will be taking my sixth one in about two weeks. It'll be on the Carnival Paradise sailing out of Long Beach. Most ships I've been on, and especially Carnival, have good children's programs. There always seems to be plenty to do on ships for all ages. Have fun!

• Jonesy
    16 years ago

My friend and I just went on a 2 week Princess cruise through the Panama Canal. She said she would never cruise on a carnival ship, to many young people and it's partying all night long. Sounds like that's true. Wouldn't bother me. My tour company uses Princess.

• terrig_2007
    16 years ago

"She said she would never cruise on a carnival ship, too many young people and it's partying all night long. Sounds like that's true."

I've been on three Carnival ships and did not find this to be true at all. You'll find parties on all ships if that's what you want.

• Jonesy
    16 years ago

I didn't think it was true and told her so at the time. We only saw 2 or 3 small children and no teens on our Princess cruise, but it was school time. One of our tour companies uses Carnival and they wouldn't use it if it wasn't good for seniors.

• lisasue
    16 years ago

Hi, we cruised on the carnival Valor last summer. It was a great trip. The cruise ship was beautiful and elegant in my opinion. We had a balcony stateroom and we were located near the center of the ship. The food was good. The pool was too crowded and I considered it gross. My daughter got snot in her hair from others so i wouldn't let her go back in. There were kid prograns but my daughter mainly hung with us. Which cruise are you taking?
    Eastern or Western Carribean?

• glenda_al
    15 years ago

Have cruised on Carnival 7 times.
    Last one was The Freedom, Mediterranean cruise, Aug 07.
    I enjoy Carnival, and I'm 68.

• livvysmom
    Original Author
    15 years ago

lisasue -- we are doing the Eastern Carribean in November. I absolutely can't wait.

• raggiemom
    15 years ago

You can go to cruise critic dot com and get lots of info on your ship. We just returned from a RCI cruise and loved it.

• trixietx
    15 years ago

We have cruised several times but have always gone on RCI so I cannot compare. We started with RCI and just stayed with them, we've been on the big ships, the smaller ones, the newest ones and some of the older ones and have always been satisfied.

In January we flew to Brazil and cruised from there, that was different, but we so enjoyed it.

I always go to cruise critic to get info.

Have fun on your cruise.

Sponsored
We believe that great design should be accessible to everyone