Return to the Family Vacation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
route 71 in Arkansas

Posted by linda7 (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 9, 04 at 14:24

We are about to take a trip to Texas and are going to take a different route. Does anyone know what the road is like from Joplin Missouri down through Arkansas to Texarkana on route 71? It is marked as a scenic route. We have taken "scenic" routes before and they have taken way to much time. Any help would be appreciated. Linda

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: route 71 in Arkansas

It is very scenic, but also a very curvy narrow road through the mountains. Nice drive if you don't have any traffic, like an RV or semi that has to go slow. If you are not in a hurry, it is nice.

o

Thanks for the information. We drove another road like that and we enjoyed the view but not the semis that were driving to fast. I think we will take the interstate. Thanks again.

o

I am familar with 71 from Joplin to Fayetteville, it is a 4 laner. I am not sure of the highway # from there on. I do know there is a new 4 lane road through the mountain range, it runs from Fayetteville to Van Buren - Ft Smith area. We take the old road sometime and you won't find semis on it with the new road finished. I love it there and would move there in a minute.

o

I drove Hwy 71 from Joplin to Texarkana on a business trip and even though my mind was on the business side I enjoyed every minute of the trip. It is lovely. Jonesy if it weren't for the bugs I would move right beside you. My parents came from southern Missouri and it and northern Arkansas are beautiful.

o

The only thing different I found about the bugs, they have lots of ticks. I think I could adjust to those if I could live there. My cousin just pulls them off and rubs a little bar soap on the spot. They don't even worry about the head. I just want to live anywhere there is some water and lots and lots of trees, especially pines.

Here is a link that might be useful: Like this

o

Ohhh my home state. I miss it! :(

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Family Vacation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here