Return to the Family Vacation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Suggestions for Single

Posted by suzieque (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 10, 09 at 11:26

Hi all -

I am a 50-something single woman who loves to travel, but am at the point where none of my friends are able to for one reason or another. I am not interested in "Singles" trips - or any type of thing where it's just a meat market and the purpose is to find a partner. I'm just interested in having a good, enjoyable, time seeing someplace new.

Alas, those darned singles surcharges are so annoying. We pay more and get less. I've had a "singles room", which I paid a good amount extra for, and it was the size of a small closet; literally just enough room for a twin bed and about 18" on one side of it to get to the bathroom.

Does anyone have any ideas of trips that I could take that wouldn't be 1) all singles, looking for someone, 2) all couples and I'd be completely alone or the 3rd wheel, 3) might be reasonable when it comes to single suplements and single space?

I'm open to international and domestic, any type of trip. Probably not Asia, as I've been there multiple times. I guess I'm mostly looking for specific companies or specific links. I'm very interested in wildlife, sea life, etc., as well as exploring old, quaint towns.

Thanks for any suggestions, or let me know if you have questions.

Suzieque

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Suggestions for Single

The Alabama Gulf Coast is a nice area. There are some great restaurants and bars, concerts at The Wharf, nature trails, and museums and historic sites. Plus the beaches are gorgeous. It's my favorite place to vacation.

Here's a web site you can check out: www.thebeachiscalling.org.

o
RE: Suggestions for Single

Thank you, carolweaver. I'll look into it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Family Vacation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here