Return to the Family Vacation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Renting a cottage on Nantucket

Posted by Cattknap (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 15, 03 at 10:36

We were in New England for 15 days last Fall - went to all the states and saw lots of wonderful things. We loved Nantucket - stayed overnight for just one night. We would love to rent a cottage for a week in late September - some place away from the main village where we can relax - preferably on the ocean. Has anyone done this? Any suggestions?
Cathleen

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Renting a cottage on Nantucket

Cathleen, it has been years but we rented a house for a week in the Surfside area. I will try to find my vacation literature to be certain whether it was Surfside. It was oceanfront and very quiet and so beautiful. Things could have changed since then, however.

You are very smart to go in late September, because there will be fewer tourists and you will receive off-season rates. The last time I looked into staying at this same house, it was too expensive even off-season though.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Family Vacation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here