Return to the Family Vacation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Grand Canyon Restaurant

Posted by mergie (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 3, 03 at 9:54

goingto the Grand Canyon in May and somewhere I read about a fabulous restaurant that on the rim of the mountain...does anybody know the name? Also, we are taking the train trip, anyone have any experience with that...is it worht it?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Grand Canyon Restaurant

I haven't been to these sites in ages and ages.. well, at least 4-5 months. But came today to get some information for a friend who is thinking about taking a cruise when I saw this post.

The Hotel and Restaurant you might be thinking of is "El Tovar" and is is ages old, fantasically wonderful, right *in* the canyon and the food is delicious and well prepared.

We lived in Arizona years and years ago and used to take our whole family to the grand canyon and we always stayed there. Once my sister came with us and since reservations are booked sometimes two years in advance, she stayed at one of the places outside the park and she said the whole experience was dismal compared to what we were enjoying.

Hope that helps!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Family Vacation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here