Return to the Family Vacation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
St Thomas USVI

Posted by cw2002 (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 2, 07 at 22:23

Dh and I are planning on going to St Thomas with our extended family in June. DH and I have been there 3 times before (2 times with a cruise and the 3rd we stayed at the Marriott's Frenchman's Reef resort).

We will have children ranging in ages from 3 months old to 6 years old with a total of 8 children and 9 adults.

Any and all advice/suggestions are appreciated!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: St Thomas USVI

We stayed in St. Thomas for 5 days before sailing in the BVI's and 5 days after sailing in the BVI's. We stayed at the Marriott the first 5 days and at The Best Western near the Airport the second 5 days, but we liked the Marriott better because of the water taxi to town. The Best Western was very inexpensive (but we got a deal on the Marriott, so it was about the same price), but it had a really nice beach for the kids to swim in. The rooms and lobby weren't as fancy as the Marriott, but the beach was better and just steps from our room. The planes from the airport flew right overhead, but it was only a few each day. The most inconvenient thing about Best Western was only having one restaurant there and the Taxi to town was something like $7/person each way (including kids!). That can add up for big groups.

I know this is crazy, but if you post on the "recipe" forum under "Looking for Ginger St. Thomas" you can probably get more info than you will ever need. Ginger is a regular on that forum and she lives there. She is a wonderful person on the forum and was extremely helpful to me when I planned my trip. She was able to give me names of places to see, restaurants to eat at, recommendations on hotels and why she recommended them. Have fun!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Family Vacation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here