Return to the Family Vacation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rome vacation

Posted by preschool (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 11, 07 at 17:48

We are planning a family trip to Rome for one week in March. Does anyone have info about the Bettoja Hotel Mediterraneo? How about the neighborhood around the Termini Train station? Is this a suitable area to stay in terms of safety? How about the distance between the major tourists attractions in Rome? This is our first trip to Rome so we have many places to visit.
Anyone have a special place they found interesting?
Thanks...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rome vacation

Not sure about the safety in the areas that you mentioned. I believe we visited all the major attractions in Rome and traveled via taxi to each. We also did a night bus tour of the city. St. Peter's/Vatican was the highlight of the trip for me. I also enjoyed the Callistus Catacombs among the other obvious major tourist attractions in Rome. The Trevi Fountain is also beautiful especially at night.
I certainly wouldn't try to drive on your own. The traffic is horrible and very unlike in the states. They drive very fast, don't have specific lane usuage, and zip in and out and pass without a thought. Parking would also be a problem.
I hope you have a great time. Check in and let us know how it was.
Lu

o
RE: Rome vacation

how was your trip?
i just found this post, so i cann't help you plan.
I would have suggested a snack on top of st. peter's.
some time around the spanish steps. a trip to the market at campo fiori. definitely a trip around the forum and the coliseum. don not walk along the trails down along the side of the tiber-- a land of drug users & crime. The borghese
gardens are wonderful. when i went to rome it was for the big city life so i didn't do much of the historical stuff.
diggerb

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Family Vacation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here