Return to the Family Vacation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
san diego

Posted by meg1199 (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 19, 03 at 15:57

Hi there,
traveling to San Diego in February, any advice on what to do, not to do or what to see while visiting this city?
Meg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: san diego

I love SAN DIEGO!!! I went there two years ago and hubby and I are taking our three kids there again in March. So much to do! Legoland, Wild Animal Park, if you go north to the LA area, make sure you visit the Queen Mary in Long Beach. Other than the chance to see the pandas, I didn't really think The San Diego Zoo was all that great, but Balboa Park is a huge city park (the San Diego Zoo is located in Balboa Park) with a lot to do in a very beautiful setting, about twenty different museums and attractions. Then there is Seaworld, of course. Tidepooling at La Jolla Cove is the best. Old Town State Park is a good way to kill an hour or so and get a relatively good dinner at a reasonable price. I could go on and on. I stayed at Paradise Point Resort, it's on its own island in the middle of Mission Bay. Beautiful (but pricey).

o

Great shopping in the Cedros design district in Solana Beach. Also, the Quail Botanical Gardens in Encinitas. La Jolla village is a must, as well as the park and bay you'll find there. For nightlife, there's the Gaslamp District downtown San Diego. For the younger crowd there's Pacific Beach. I'm not that crazy about the zoo either, I like the Wild Animal Park in Escondido better. Legoland is strictly for younger kids. Sea World is OK if you've never been, kids like it. There are also lots of plays and concerts going on all the time, check out signonsandiego.com web site. Have fun!!

o

I'll vouch for the zoo - if you like zoos, you'll like this one. Then ditto what everyone said, plus, take the ferry to Coronado with a picnic basket for eating once you're there. The view of downtown SD from Coronado alone is worth the trip. And if you like shopping, Horton Plaza mall downtown is very cool. I'd skip LA for another time.

o

Go to see the Hotel Del Coronado - it's worth a visit! They have tours through the hotel telling ghost stories and lots of interesting gossip and information.

Here is a link that might be useful: Hotel Del

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Family Vacation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here