Return to the Family Vacation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Travel during the holidays

Posted by colorcrazy (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 6, 13 at 14:01

My husband's office is closed during Christmas week, sometimes for two weeks. We always take advantage of the time off to travel, but have limited ourselves to warm weather locations because we are escaping the cold at home.

Just got back from San Antonio. The River Walk is lovely, but after doing that and the museums, there wasn't much to do. Went down to Corpus Christi and Padre Island, which was nice.

We have done Charleston, SC but everything is closed Christmas Day. Cape May was not totally closed, but would not go back in the winter. Key West, FL was great. Other good places were Richmond, VA; Wilmington, DE; Las Vegas (we went to Death Valley, which is awesome); and LA.

Any suggestions? We have 7 more years of this. Thanks!

(Trying to "wake up" this board)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Travel during the holidays

snoringggggg. LOL

o

Wow,

lucky you get to travel every year. Winter can be harsh no doubt and some sun would definitely be great. Why not travel overseas? Two weeks would be a good length of time to visit other countries where there are beauty summers abound. :)

Here is a link that might be useful: Wego Travel

o

Have you ever considered a garden cruise? If anything, garden-lovers are likely to flock aboard compared to other people...

You get shown around 'special' gardens around countries etc, to my knowledge :]

This link is for garden cruises 2013.

o

I took a bus trip to Nashville one Christmas and stayed at the Opryland Hotel. The hotel is a vacation it's self, it's beautiful. They usually have an ice display with sculptures that you can go through and the Rockettes were there. The Rockettes were worth the whole trip. There was also a show in the hotel.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Family Vacation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here