Return to the Family Vacation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hawaii or Carribean for Honeymoon

Posted by klynnb (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 7, 03 at 12:52

Planing a honeymoon in August 2003. We are having a hard time deciding to go to a hawaiian island or somewhere in the Carribean. Thinking of St. Lucia, Antigua, Aruba...An island that is realtively clean, with a lot to do, nice beaches and scenery. We want to realx in a nice atmosphere but have things to do like water sports, shopping, night life, ect. Any suggestions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hawaii or Carribean for Honeymoon

Maui would be my choice. My son just got married and spent four days on Maui and five days on Oahu. They loved Maui.

o

Aloha!
Hawaii - any of the islands. :-)
Mahalo

o

We went to Hawaii for our honeymoon, 4 days on Oahu and 4 days on Maui. Maui was the best for relaxation and spending time together. On Oahu there was so much to see and do that we were tired most of the time and adding to it the fact that we were extremely jet-lagged, we were tired all the time. Make sure you rent a car if you go to maui.

Where you go depends on how long your honeymoon is going to last. If more than 7 days, go to Hawaii. If not, go to the caribbean. More time flying means less time spent alone and relaxing. Good luck!!

o

It's hurricane season in the Caribbean at that time but the worst part of the season is September.

o

I'd have to go with Hawaii, especially the Big island (Hawaii). You can't beat the scenery, and if you don't like it, just drive 20 minutes and it will change. You've got your tropical rainforest, volcanos, desert, misty highlands (looks like Scotland or New Zealand), mountains (you can snow ski and scuba dive on the same day if you go in winter and plan it right), beaches, golf, snorkeling, scuba, surfing, parasailing, windsurfing, hiking, excellent shopping, horseback riding....
Check out the Luau at the Royal Kona resort- right on the ocean, couldn't be better. But I'll agree the flight is hard if limited on time. We went to San Francisco for 3 days (from East Coast) before heading out to Hawaii and it was well worth it. The flight back was LLLLOOOONNNNGGG!

o

Grand Cayman, Aruba are great! Bermuda is beautiful.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Family Vacation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here