Return to the Family Vacation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Best Honeymoon Ideas

Posted by snickerdoodle564 (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 2, 08 at 10:26

Out of curiosity, what's your idea of the the best honeymoon? What did you do for yours?

I'm in the early planning stages, and really would like to go everywhere and do everything, so obviously, I have some narrowing down to do.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Best Honeymoon Ideas

We did a cruise to 6 caribbean islands so every morning we woke in a new port (we like to party and get bored easy) so this was right up our alley. My nephew just came back from an all inclusive honeymoon to Sandels and said it was outrageous!!

o

DON'T fly to tiny town il to meet your in-laws...lol, then on top of it being feb, and nothing to do, i got sick...

ds1 did disney cruise...ds2 did hawaii cruise

dd2 had a destination wedding and then a cruise...dd1 eloped to wa state (we have friends there)

really though, it just depends..while one of the neighbors went to bali (8 grand in debt) another went camping, and were totally alone...

it does depend on the time of year, budget, and interests...do you like wine country? big cities? historical? or just cuddling in a king bed in a fancy hotel?

o

I recommend a cruise. We have been on several cruises and loved every one. DS and DIL went on the Bahamas cruise and loved it.

o

We did a Sandals Resort to St. Lucia. It was great. On your honeymoon you want to be able to relax and soak eachother up. You don't want to be in a location like Europe where you feel like you have to make the most of your time there so you're up early touring and stressing about moving from city to city to pack in as much as possible. Take it easy on your honeymoon.

o

thanks for the great ideas, guys! I think we're looking at renting a place around Nantucket or one of the northwards East Coast islands. We love the idea of having an area all to ourselves, without much sightseeing to do other that sitting on a mostly deserted beach. We can dream, huh?

o

We honeymooned in the Fort Pierce/Vero Beach area of Florida, where we also got married. We are taking a cruise this month to celebrate our first year anniversary.

o

we did a series of theme parks across the mid west along with festivals and fairs. it was a crazy week and we were exhausted when we started new jobs the day after we finished. but it was fun fun fun!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Family Vacation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here