Return to the Family Vacation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dominican Republic

Posted by Metfan (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 24, 03 at 8:43

I didn't get any responses on my note for Punta Cana. So, I'm now trying for Dominican Republic. Has anyone been there? What should we know, make sure we do, make sure we watch out for? Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dominican Republic

I spent my Honeymoon in the DR, in 1988. Stayed at the Jack Tarr Village in Puerta Plata. I don't think it is a Jack Tarr anymore. It's been so long that I'm not sure anything I remember would be relevant, but I'll try. The resort area around Puerta Plata was nice, everything in the town was very 3rd world. We took a bus ride from the resort to SoSua(sp) beach, which was real nice. I remember that my money went a long way once we were off the resort. The resort was all inclusive but we still got tired of the food. The resort reccomended a resteraunt in another area, they charged $7 for a lobster dinner. It was great.

If I was going again, I would make sure the resort offered transportation from and to the airport. I would make friends with other people and travel in large groups. I would talk to the people at the resort about what is safe and what isn't.

Have Fun.

o

Just about every answer to just about any question about the DR can be found at the site below. When are you planning on going? Punta Cana is wonderful, great resorts abound it is just a question of finding the perfect one for YOU!

Here is a link that might be useful: Debbie's DR

o

We went someplace near Romana called Casa de Campo (or something like that). The food was great. The facilities were nice. There was horseback for the kids (and husband). We even went into Romana for dinner a couple of times and had a great time. It was definitely a great place to go.

o

My sister has gone 2x & loves the all inclusive style resort & the food BUT do not go off the property. I hear it's very dangerous!

Michie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Family Vacation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here