Return to the Family Vacation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Next Summer Vacation?

Posted by pkock (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 1, 04 at 3:25

I need ideas!

We'll be traveling *somewhere* either the 1st or 2nd week of August. Our budget isn't great - $1500 tops for three adults and two kids age 6 and 8. My mom will be with us - she's 70 and in good health but can't walk long distances; she's got a "scooter" that rides behind our van in a little trailer. And we're not fond of flying. We're coming from SW Ohio, and need to find a trip that takes two days or less in the car.

We've been to FL and Gatlinburg many times, went to New Buffalo MI and VA Beach a couple years ago, and my mom's vetoing any destinations to the northeast. There have got to be other nice places for our family - help me find them. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Next Summer Vacation?

I was going to suggest the Canadian side of Niagra Falls, but that's to the northeast.

How about the Lexington KY araa? The Shaker Village at Pleasant Hill, the fort at Harrodsburg, the horse farms in the Lexington area, and the craft shops at Berea if you like to shop? It should be reasonablably priced, and cover a lot of interests.

o

What about Williamsburg, VA? Colonial Williamsburg is very nice and there are lots of moderately priced accomodations in the area. The kids would love Busch Gardens and the one think I liked about it was that there were beautiful gardens and lots of seating while the kids were on the rides.

o

I vote for Willamsburg, VA. We were there a couple of years ago and can't wait to go again. Also many places around the area that are so interesting like Jamestown, where our nation began, and the battle fields of Yorktown.
Have a wonderful time.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Family Vacation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here