Return to the Family Vacation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Family Friendly Florida Beaches?

Posted by BombShelle (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 2, 03 at 0:08

My husband and I will be traveling to Florida with our 7yr. old daughter at the end of April (the week after Easter). We've been trying to learn as much about the various Florida beaches as possible....we'd rather not find ourself immersed in a Spring Break-young, wild, single scene-type of atmosphere. We really aren't interested in Disney....we want sand, surf and preferably a great swimming pool.

Can anyone suggest a beach resort where we can find what we're looking for?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Family Friendly Florida Beaches?

May I suggest? St Pete Beach on the Gulf of Mexico. You'll find life more 'laid back' than on the east coast-gorgeous sand & surf & lots to do within a 10 drive up & down Gulf Boulevard. The link provided is a great place..the swimming pool even has a bridge over it! They own 3 neighboring hotels-even have gondola rides between 2 that I know of. Also "Kids Night Out"-so mom & dad get an evening to themselves. You can go from St Pete north on Gulf Blvd-up to Clearwater Beach, (about 12 miles)-they have a "Pirate ship cruise" your daughter would enjoy..this link has oodles of hotels listed on the right sidebar. Come on down!!

Here is a link that might be useful: Tradewinds Grand

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Family Vacation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here