Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Snowman Jars

Posted by kudzukween (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 8, 08 at 23:26

Some of these jars we dug up at my grandparents house in town. They're old medicine jars. The largest with the feather wings is a Starbucks coffee drink. Just need some jars, some styrofoam balls and some beads or buttons and trims. My grandson even made one for his teacher. (he's 5)
Check them out on my blog :D
Kudzu

Here is a link that might be useful: Kudzu's Blog

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Snowman Jars

They came out cute!! Grandson looks so proud with his tree!! Hope you get meds straightened out soon!! I saw a beaded candycane in Dec. Better HOmes & Gardens Really easy, just cut a piece of 24 gauge wire 10 in. long & put 1 color e beads on (I folded it in half, when that half is full I made little loop so they wouldn't fall off& then put second color on the other wire (half) when it is full you would need to take it from grandson & twist the 2 ends of wire together & make a nice looking end. That is the end of the curved part. Now take & gently twist to get candycane effect. I'll try & get some pics tomorrow if it isn't so cloudy. I made some real small ones on 28 gauge wire (6in. piece) And they make great pin for your blouse or coat with addition of little gold bow.,put a pinback on it & a wire through it so it wouldn't fall off. Going with GF to get more beads at Michael's & Joanne's in morning!! These are easy & fun. Oh, they didn't have much for directions in the magazine. The little ones are good on a 2 ft high tree (I make most of ornaments for it) the 10 in. wire or even 12 in wire would be more for larger trees. Guess beads could just keep getting bigger(and more expensive)We love the look of the silvered beads in red,green, silver, blue!! It's late bed time! Jan

o
RE: Snowman Jars

Thanks Jan!
My daughter said no way was his teacher getting that snowman bottle, she's keeping it for herself,LOL.
The candy cane sounds cute, I'm pretty sure I already have some red and some white beads, but I don't remember what kind. I do need another gift for teacher! I forgot about the Rudolph Reindeer Puzzle Pins,though! And sea shell angel pins...I may not need to make more teacher ones!
My meds...whew....I couldn't wake myself up for more than a couple hours yesterday...it was so awful! I slept for all except about 2 hours!!!!! So far today I've managed to stay awake...I didn't want to be so calm that I'm practically comatose!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here