Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Old wooden toolbox

Posted by junkyardgirl (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 10, 07 at 22:49

I have a large old wooden tool box that is in pretty good shape. I've actually been using it as a toolbox, but decided to try to make it into something useful. Any ideas? It's about 3 feet long. I would love to use it as a towel rack/tissue holder in my bathroom, but it's too big.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Old wooden toolbox

I have a toolbox on my counter in the kitchen. It holds old Mason jars filled with my sugar, flour, tea bags, etc :)

o

You could use it for all kinds of things, Potted plants, magazines, books, whatever. Here is one I worked on last summer. I added the spindles to dress it up a bit.

o

You could hang it on the wall by the bottom which makes the box part into a shelf. Place things inside the box and on the top (which is actually the side of the box) and hang a quilt from the handle. Or old feed bags, depending on your decor.

Arlene

o

Great ideas! I love them all, and robolady, your pic is so cute! I would have never thought of sawing spindles in half to use as decorations. Boy, I'm learning a lot here.

o

ooohh..............little white lights in that greenery would look really nice !

o

Mine is very similar to Robolady's. It's 2 1/2 feet long and my DH stained it and planted flowers in it for our deck. It looks wonderful.......
Sheree

o

Photobucket
Photobucket

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here