Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How to use golf tees

Posted by ggks (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 5, 08 at 22:14

How many different ways can we use golf tees? Either the wooden ones or the plastic ones?
The only way I can think of is to glue them on a picture frame putting them head to toe.
ggks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How to use golf tees

Found this site with a cute golf tee angel.

Here is a link that might be useful: Golf tee angel instructions

o

They could be arranged in circles to look flower like, maybe circles of them (or quarter circles) in the corners of a picture frame. Some folks make plate flowers out of old cake pans seems like the golf tees would be nice in the center sticking up like stamens.
The angel is cute, and with a bit of variation on that idea it could be a bug for the junk garden, or a whole swarm of them.
If you like halloween, could glue googly or round eyeballs onto them to use in various ways.
Do you have a bunch of them? I think it would be cool to have some to play with, especially the wooden ones.
kathy

o

Here is a nice little game you could make with golf tees.
Cut a piece of wood in a triangle maybe 4" on each side.
Measure and drill holes acording to the layout in the drawing.
Youll have to do the measuring because I dont have any tees.
You need 15 tees.
To play the game put a tee in each hole.
Now the fun part:
Remove any one tee.
Then jump one at a time removing the jumped peg.
Keep going until only one peg is left.
Some people will figure it out sooner than others but it can be done.

Photobucket

o
RE: How to use golf tees Part 2

Google find: how to make peg games.

Here is a link that might be useful: I.Q. Peg game

o

I think it would be cute to just have a tree full of tees. Glue a small loop of red ribbon onto tee heads, and hang them from your Christmas tree. While your at it, throw in some golf balls, too. Plastic might work best because of the weight.

When we lived on the coast, I did this with sand dollars for several years in a row.

o

I was gonna ask too, what to do with golfballs? I thought of drilling holes and using them in windchimes. With three golfers around, I'm always finding golf balls rolling around.

o

Golf balls can be used on tees like pegs on a coat rack.

You could use the tees just like the lite bright picture and make a scene of a golf course and a green in the distance. You can paint them to make the actual picture.

Glue them in the shape of a golf bag and clubs and put the name of the golfer on the picture. Maybe make a golf crest out of them???

o

I seen on a site somewhere that they made a wreath out of them...

o

Can you glue golf balls on to things like mosaics?
kathy

o

I use them in my sewing room to keep the correct bobbin of thread with the spool of thread. Just stick a tee through the holes & the bobbin will always be on top of the right thread spool.

o

I recently saw a pic of a painted golf ball with glass half marbles glued to it to make a mini gb. It was cute. Bunches of them would be ince.
kathy

o

I have glued beads to golf balls with e6000.
Also glue 2 together to make snowmen...I use some real one and some plastic ones. Gessoed them to make them look more like 'snow'.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here