Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Vintage Greeting Card Gift Tags

Posted by DruidClark (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 15, 04 at 20:20

This past year, while digging through my DH's stuff, I found gift tags that his grandmother had made (he lived in her house) from old greeting cards. She did a *great* job of cutting them out and they are so nostalgic. From now on, I'm doing the same thing with my leftover holiday cards. I'm going to look for the old cards, too, since those images are often so much more interesting.

Best find of the season!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Vintage Greeting Card Gift Tags

Hi,
I do this with all my Chrissie cards :->
After Chrissie, all the cards are taken down, the pictures are cut into gift cards for the following year. The written part is put into the recycle.

Gill

o

How EXACTLY do you do this?

o

Sorry for not getting back to you earlier, I was out for the hollies. I'm not really sure! What Grandma did was to cut out the best part of the front of the card. Usually a scene or something. Sometimes there was a "back", other times just the shape. I found these and put a tiny hole in them w/ a paper punch and tied them onto the packages. Perhaps this idea works best w/ older cards. I haven't evaluated my cards from this year yet.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here