SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
seatofmypants99

Need ideas, please

seatofmypants99
18 years ago

I have two outdoor dining sets, one I usually keep on the back porch, one outdoors. One chair on the indoor one got run over by the truck (long story), so it only has three chairs. The other only had three chair when we got it (free)

They are the old wide plastic strap type furniture that is so hard to keep clean. I hate them! But the frames are aluminum, which means they will last forever.

Anyway, the outdoor one has a hole for an umbrella, which makes it nice. They are both old, the paint peeling off, and no way to repaint them without having the strapping professionally removed and replaced, which is prohibitively expensive. I can take apart the tables and paint them, and replace the tops, but what do I do with the chairs? I guess I could just go with slipcovers, but I don't really like that idea for outdoors. Is there any other way to rebuild or refurbish these chairs?

I'm planning on putting a bar on the back porch, so I won't be needing the table anymore. It takes up too much room, anyway, since the porch is sort of small.

Comments (3)

Sponsored