Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Recycled Christmas Card Star

Posted by kudzukween (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 1, 08 at 18:43

Check out this site for a beautiful star made from recycled Christmas cards. It's a little trickier than some other crafts, but well worth the effort, and you do get the hang of it quick. She used hers as a topper for her Christmas tree. Link and photos on my blog.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kudzu's Blog

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Recycled Christmas Card Star

Nice star!! Enjoyed your family pics too!! Isn't that annoying when you can't find a name on a pic or can't pick out who 1 person is & you know all the rest. I tried dating a lot of my dad's as some were marked & some even had date in outer border so that helped if I saw them in same clothes it was probably close to that yr. If I wasn't sure I put it in that yr's stuff & when someone who might know shows up I'll ask, altho I guess most are dead already. Dad's sis is 96 & can't remember much of anything- in nursing home back in S.DAk.So guess I won't know anymore, glad I got dad to tell me about them couple of yrs ago.Jan

o

Awesome star-flower. Beautiful! Cool charms too.

o

Thanks ya'll! Save this year's Christmas cards and printed gift boxes to make your stars next year!

All my Dad's big adventures happened well before we were a twinkle in his eye :D He was in the Army, then finished out in the Navy, thinking it was safer than fighting a war in the Army :D But they stationed him and my two uncles in Hawaii, December 1941...and their ships were bombed...and the rest..well, it was what it was.

o

Another great idea!

o

I can't seem to find these neat ideas -- how do I get to see this star?

o

Thanks so much ya'll! I'm glad you like!

joclo...these things are all in my blog, just click the link below...Kudzu's Blog. You may have to go back and check the older posts for some things,there are a few pages in my blog now.

and sign up to win an "I-<3-U" gift give away!
Kudzu

Here is a link that might be useful: Kudzu's Blog

o

Joclo: I had the same problem. It was not the 3d star. Looked for 2 days and had a headache...just knew it was Kudzu. It was but I seemed to give up looking just before that date. You need to look at 2008 posts and under Dec 1 you will find this....link address and pic.

"Monday, December 1, 2008
Recycled Christmas Card Star
I found this from Jenny Harada made from Christmas cards."

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here