Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Free Lawn Decorations

Posted by craftylady-2006 (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 3, 06 at 18:35

I found all of these Christmas lawn decorations. The trees do light up but everything else needs to be restrung with lights. I just like that I now have lawn decorations for the holiday whereas I used not to and I have a little holiday scene in my small front yard. There is the Santa sleigh, five reindeer (4 large, 1 baby one), the street lamp pole, and the two trees. I also found the white spray painted branches with the bows on them.

Sal

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Free Lawn Decorations

WHere did you find them ???? AWESOME ........

o

Toomuchglass - I found them out curb shopping. Not all in the same place, here and there around town, for the past couple of months, driving around to a store or wherever. I found the Santa sleigh and two more of the large reindeer last week as I was going to work. I was sooooo happy to find the sleigh. Now I just need a Santa. My neighbor has one that her kids broke, maybe she'll toss it over the fence to me (LOL).

Sal

o

WOW .... I'm in AWE ! You sure did good . I can't think of anything to say but " way to go !" !!!!

***BIG SMILE !***

o

What a wonderful find! I love your Christmas decos. Sandi

o

I love this kind instead of the kind made out of wood.We have those made out wood.I hate getting them out of storage,and sitting them up.Its a major job.You did so good finding them.

o

If you decide to restring them, our neighbor had a white deer and took lights and just looped them around the frame. Looked easier to do then replacing the lights as the manuf. strung them. If it were me I would have used WHITE corded lights instead of green. During the day it looks..odd. I would love to find some old brown deer, animals. I would forget the lights and leave them in my woods all year.

o

Arcy, Thank you for the restringing idea. I was thinking, boy that's a lot of work to restring them, how can I do without spending a fortune on lights. I have seen the brown deer around town and they look better than the white I think so I even thought of taking off the lights completely on the deer and spray painting mine brown. As for other animals, a neighbor down the street has a "cow" - it's soooo cute, got the black spots on the side with a little Santa hat. Further down there is an ice igloo and some penguins, very pretty.

Sal

o

I too thought of just spray painting over the white, so now I am on a mission. Save the land fills from unwanted animals. Send me your darkened deer, moose, bear I will give them permenant homes under the oaks guarding my hosta!

o

OMG - what amazing finds - I REALLY need to get out on trash days - the ideas for using them are endless - from restringing them for Christmas to using them in your lawn year round - have fun......

Lynne

o

I know this is an old post, but I'm kinda new and am skimming through all the awesome posts here. Congrats on you great finds! Those are so expensive, what a deal!I had a funny thought when you answered toomuchglass's question about where you found them- curb shopping.....how close were they to the curb? :) couldn't resist!

o

They were super close to the curb TTRBB, they were being thrown out. That's fair game around here!

Sal

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here