Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How do I include pics?

Posted by grammaticus (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 27, 07 at 17:51

I've been a lurker here for years, but only an occasional poster because I don't know how to include pics of my own projects. I'm a bit of a moron at stuff like that - but a TOTAL whizz at turning trash to treasure (I think). I'd so like to share some of my own ideas sometimes but don't know how.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How do I include pics?

I hope someone answers your question so I can find out too. Thanks for asking! Your fellow lurker - Lisa

o

I like to use tinypic.com. You just have to go to their site,browse to pick out the picture you want, upload it and then click top line shown and paste it in your message. This is not a storage site, but rather a place to upload the picture you have wherever you keep them, such as My Pictures. I find it the simplest to use.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

o

I can't believe this. I had the whole thing written here and cancelled the message! *sigh*

OK, again, I had just asked this question myself and was helped by so many great people I hope I can help you two in turn! It's so great to be able to contribute, and everyone loves the pics!

First, your pictures have to come from an outside source, you can't upload directly from your files. I can tell you about Photobucket, which I joined instead of Tinypics. (I am not at all tech savay). I'm going to assume you go to Photobucket's site and join there. IT seemed really easy to me to click and set up my first album. Then, on the right of the screen is a place to upload your pictures. Just click on "Brouse" and find your picture in your files. Double click and the picture will appear in your album lower on that screen.

To add a picture here then, (it's easiest if both Photobucket and the Forum are open on your desktop)... in your Photobucket album just left click on the third item down right under your picture which is the HTML code. You will see that it says "copied". Then go to your post in the forum and put your curser where you want the picture in your text, and hit "paste". You will see what looks like gibberish, but when you go to "preview message" and look at the final message, the photo has magically appeared! Then submit the message.

I did this all in the past couple of days. The only problem I had was that my photo files were too big for Photobucket to accept. (They were huge) I solved that
by inserting the pics in an email to myself, and then copying the new pics into my files. (You may have smaller pics to start with or a program that lets you resize your pics easily.)

Well, GOOD LUCK! I'll check back here to see if you have any questions for me. I hope it works for you. It's really fun to finally be able to post, and everyone will appreciate your pictures!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here