Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Small Frosted Apothecary jars other uses for?

Posted by kittymommy (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 16, 05 at 17:37

I purchased a case of jars that look like the ones shown on this link.

http://www.jarstore.com/product.asp?itemid=63&catid=33

They were terrible to try and wick for candles. The middle is wider and the opening is very small. Made too much soot. Anyway, I was trying to think of some other uses for them. I thought about buying some really nice transparent decal type stickers and using them as spice/herb/tea containers. Any other suggestions? Maybe something I could do with them and use as small holiday gifts?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Small Frosted Apothecary jars other uses for?

I love those jars kittymommy and I think I will have to get some of them. I decoupage, so I would decoupage Christmas images on them and maybe personalize them as small gifts. You could always fill them with candy also.

o

They are cute but a major pain if you make candles. Mine are sorta bubble shape(larger in the middle)small top. Thanks for the candy suggestion. They only hold 5oz so it will have to be very small candy.

o

I'd use a couple in the bathrooms for Q-Tips and cotton balls. And on the bedside table to hold those little items I always seem to need.

o

Not quite what I have, but maybe you could do something along this line........I bought some very old medicine bottles(junk actually) and poured white paint in them. Then painted a letter on each one........N, O, E, L.......all being different heighths. Then I hung a jingle bell, or piece of greenery, or bow on each neck of the jar........and set them all on my guest bathroom counter for Christmas! They looked really nice on a red decorated doily with an electric "candle" by them. Made a cute vignette and even provided a "nightlight"!

Just thought I would share.......Julie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here