SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
adellabedella_usa

Sorta OT- Selling stuff in booths.

Adella Bedella
18 years ago

I know some of you sell things in booths at craft malls, flea markets, whatever. I have a couple of questions.

1.) Do you have a problem with shoplifting or not getting credited for your sales? I have some items in a local craft gift shop. A couple of $5 ornaments are missing from the displays and don't show up on the itemized sale list. I know there could be human error involved and the sale just didn't get recorded properly or they may be in the store elsewhere. I'm wondering if someone took them. :-(

2.) Do you encounter jealousy in selling? Obviously, we are all competing for a share of the customers. Since a friend and I joined the sale, we've taken our share of sales (ornaments) and other hot sellers are no longer selling since we've offered another option. My friends 'hot' ornaments were moved to another less desireable location this year. My unique ornaments were placed in the same location and are doing ok, but I think they would do even better if they were more visable. My friend thinks that one of the other crafters is upset because her regular stuff is no longer selling.

Comments (11)

Sponsored