Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I need help with a suitcase project

Posted by pegtn (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 4, 07 at 11:09

I think someone on here posted a link to a website that had a "gallery" of trash to treasure items that were for sale. In one of the pictures there was a childs desk made from a suitcase. I printed it out, but as usual for me, I cant find the pictures. I have googled every combination of suitcase desk, painted suitcase, etc that i can think of, and I just can't find it again. I am painting a suitcase for my niece with a chalkboard on top to hold all of her art supplies inside. I can't remember if the desk was slightly tilted or if it was level. If any of you remember this desk, please help me. Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I need help with a suitcase project

I've never seen a desk, but I made a footstool, and I have a page of Luggage Ideas.

Here is a link that might be useful: here's my luggage page

o

I love what you have done with suitcases Robolady, and I also love your site. I read your blog all the time :). You know, if i make it like a footstool, she could just sit in the floor and do her art projects. That would work just as well as a desk I think. Thank you

o

I do remember that child's suitcase table, I just can't remember what site it was on, sorry about that. I do believe the suitcase with level, not tilted.

Sal

o

I was thinking it was level too craftylady. I'm still painting the suitcase right now, I guess i will decide how to fix it later. lol

o

If it's not level, simply make the front legs taller than the back ones to level it out.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here