Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Old Wood Ironing Board

Posted by yesican (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 2, 10 at 10:54

Any ideas what to do with an old wood ironing board? The best I can come up with is to remove the legs and saw it in half and use the half with the smaller rounded end to make a pot rack. Would that look junky?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Old Wood Ironing Board

At the Canton TX trade days I see many of them with scenes painted on them. I bought one that has roses and I stand it up in a corner of a room with a rose theme. Some use them in an erect position as an extra table at cookouts or buffets.

o

I've seen them as plant tables, sometimes with a lace cloth on it near a sunny window. Shows off plants! Could be used to display a collection. I know some people have reused them on here so go up to "search" at top of page & type in "Old wood ironing board" should get some responses! Jan

o

I used one to decorate the wall in my laundry room. I have another one that I put in the dining room to use as a buffet when the family comes over. I have seen some really pretty painted ones, but I can't paint so I have to decoupage them.

Antique iron on YS shelf

o

there could be a way to see it as a total mosaic...over on garden junk, a long time ago, one lady did that and others followed her lead and there could be some available as a search on garden junk...good luck..
they all were awesome~
could also find some on google search for images..tho I haven't done that search..just an idea

o

Some people paint them with an old world Santa and stand him wherever they need a santa

o

o

Thanks for all the great ideas!

o

No suggestions here but I love Shysue's laundry room!

o

Heh! I still use mine for ironing!

o

Me too birdie blue! I so prefer my wooden one to a gangly finger snapping metal one. Actually I have 2. I must admit I do like the holiday painting idea, tho I would do a halloween decoration rather than Christmas I think.
Kathy

o

I LOVE ironing boards!! I have two wooden ones I use at my craft shows as display tables. In my home, I use one in front of a large window for plants. They are rustic and look great, yet skinny, so don't take up a lot of room. I also have 2 metal ones hanging in the garage that get a lot of use. I set them up as portable potting tables when I am working with my perennials. The dirt falls through the holes and just sweep it up. Then when we have a campfire and the kids want to do hotdogs/marshmallows, etc., they move out into the yard as portable side tables to keep the eats up away from the dog. They are SOOO useful. I also use mine inside at the computer or my scrapbooking table - whenever I need more work space - they can be lowered to be comfortable to reach while sitting at a chair - so one beside my computer desk is sooo handy - my chair just rotates over and it gives me a lot more space when dealing with paperwork. I think ironing boards are one of the world's greatest inventions!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here