Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My first totem for my garden

Posted by coppertop52 (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 9, 05 at 9:01

Image hosted by Photobucket.com I made this with items I bought at the GW .

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My first totem for my garden

That is a unique, clever piece of art for your garden. I may have to copy you...Remember imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!

o

That is just to cute. Would look good next to my koi pond.

o

This has inspired me to start collecting for my first totem. I am off to TS today.

o

That_Is_Super_Cute. It made me start laughing...which is a most sincere compliment to you! Now get busy and make me one :-)

Into the inspiration file it goes (with your name as the filename of course, so I can always give credit :-)

o

That's so clever. I am going to have to start looking for just the right pieces to make one for myself. Thanks for sharing.

o

Fabulous piece of "folk art"....

linda

o

are these pieces of china, porcelain..or is this wood which has been carved???? Its stunning!!!!!!

o

This is made of junk I found. The fish is a pitcher and all of the other things are candleholders just glued together. I just happened to find the right colors to kinda match. Thats it! I put a big plate on the bottom to stablize it and covered it up with mulch.

o

Well...that sure made me smile! How cute!

~Sandy~

o

I love it! Now, I have to look for a pitcher like that one, I love fish stuff!

o

That is so cool......

I can't wait until summer when I can go shopping at garage sales for totem pieces! Can't wait! Can't wait! Can't wait!

o

And you planted in the top, now that's way cool!!!

o

Arrrggghhhh....I've GOT to stop giving my stuff away at garage sales.....lookit what I coulda done.......

That's really cute....great design!

o

Boy, I don't think I would give those individual pieces a second glance if I saw them--I would just think they were tacky clutter but you have combined them and made them SUPER CUTE . I am sure it is not so easy to pull it all off and make it look so folk-artsy. I am going to have to 'retrain' my definition of what is and is not usuable junk. Great job!

o

wow what a wonderful idea im new to gardening and ive been looking for ideas for garden art and i love this one may i use it? you are a very tallented painter!
kat

o

kat4kittens - please read the posts above yours - she did not paint the totem, she glued different pieces together. Do a search on this forum on totems and look on the faq page as well - Welcome

o

This Totem is such a "happy" piece. you have to smile looking at it. What a great eye you have for putting stuff together that most of us probably wouldn't have looked at seen individually. You are the reason I looked for a fish for my first (cobalt) totem. I still want to find colorful pottery stuff to make a totem with.
Keep creating, and posting photos.
Karen

o

I found a small fish cup, so my copycat totem is smaller. Just finished putting it together last night, guess I need to wait a day or so to put it out - doesn't the geII have to cure or something?
Wish my digital wasn't broken - actually, it isn't broken, but our computer is so old and so full we can't download any pictures - we have ordered a new one. guess then we will find out for sure if the camera works or not.

o

That is so cute!!! One of the best totems I'ver ever seen!

o

That is sooooo neat! -

o

That is a very cute piece for the garden. You did a great job.

o

This is super cute! How do you keep it from getting blown over?? Seriously....I might want to try it!

o

I glued a big heavy plate on the bottom and cover it with dirt and mulch..Hasn't blown over yet.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here