Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Paper Snowflakes-Use What You Have!

Posted by kudzukween (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 14, 09 at 4:24

I tried out different kinds of paper I had around the house. Old hymnal pages, cupcake and candy papers, small doilies bought at a yard sale, and coffee filters.
paper snowflakes made from sheet music
these are made of hymnal pages
paper snowflakes made from paper doilies
these are made of small paper doilies
paper snowflakes made from cupcake papers
pastel cupcake papers and small white candy papers
paper snowflakes made from coffee filters
made from basket style coffee filters.

I plan on ironing and starching these, and string some with invisible thread. I'm not sure how to do that with the cupcake papers, but I'll try to figure it out!

don't the ones from coffee filters look like old hex signs on a barn?

Here is a link that might be useful: Kudzu's Blog

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Paper Snowflakes-Use What You Have!

Very nice, I think you can iron the cupcake papers using a heavy brown paper bag over top of them. Seems like we used paper bags years ago. Don't want to leave iron in 1 spot very long tho. My DD irons tissue paper & reuses it. She 1st tried it when she got some old fashioned Santa tissue & wanted to keep it, works great. Jan

o
RE: Paper Snowflakes-Use What You Have!

thanks Jan!!
i haven't ironed them yet, but i rubbed some glitter glaze on them, in an opal blue color, pretty!

i'd like to share a link to an awesome site i found that shows how to fold and cut snowflake patterns up to 12 or was it 16, points.
they have animal patterns, leaf patterns, and all kinds of others!

Here is a link that might be useful: snowflake folds and cuts patterns

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here