SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marilyn_c

Lusting....

marilyn_c
18 years ago

for a piece of junk. *sigh*

My friend's brother is a painter and did some work for a lady whose mother recently died, and she was getting the house ready to sell. She had an old refrigerator...one that has the motor on top...stands up on legs...and gave it to him to "haul off." Since his sister is a big time junkaholic, of course, she was thrilled to get it. Plus, she gave her some old saws...router, jig saw, and a couple of others...I didn't really pay much attention to them. What I saw that caught my eye was a work bench. It was built like a long counter top and had, I think...36 small drawers in it. The top was made from 2 x 12's. The drawers rolled so smoothly...and in the middle, like where under a sink would go, was a door. I would love to have it for a kitchen counter. In fact, I have been looking for

something similar....some way to finish re-doing my kitchen

"on the cheap". I didn't measure it, but I think it is about 12' long. My kitchen is 16 x 22...had to make it big because I bought a couple of antique cupboards that need a lot of space. Anyway, I made an offer on it. She said she didn't think it could be moved...thought it was built to the wall, but my husband was with me, and he checked, and no...except for having to get a low boy trailer to move it,

it should move okay.

I hope I haven't jinxed myself, talking about it. It was sooo neat....or could be, with a little elbow grease. She's supposed to call and let me know. Cross your fingers for me...would you?

Comments (14)

Sponsored