Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Recycle An Old Christmas Card and Frame

Posted by kudzukween (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 6, 09 at 0:33

I paid a nickel for a wooden 4x6 frame at a yard sale, and used one of Hoss' Christmas cards, also 4x6, and made this. I used cheap white school glue as a crackle medium and painted it white, then added paint and glitter to the card. Easy! I set it on a dollar store plate easel. Makes a great gift! How to's on my blog :D
Merry Christmas!
kudzu
painted christmas card 3

Here is a link that might be useful: Kudzu's Blog

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Recycle An Old Christmas Card and Frame

I like it kween!

o
RE: Recycle An Old Christmas Card and Frame

Like the idea of crackling with glue!! Came out nice. Like the canning lid ideas also! Cherry, go over on Holidays & check out the "Beach tree" The ornaments are beautiful so I took some tonight & painted them with metallic paint & then with "Twinkles glitter paint" I used a flat fan shell &Folkart metallic antique copper #666 (Can't believe they used that number???)While wet I painted over it with DecoArt red twinkles glitter paint. Another 1 FolkArt #660 Metallic pure gold it was thinner so let it dry awhile & then added DecoArt Twinkles Crystal- that glitter is wonderful, it gives blue, gold, pinkish etc look to your project & works so much better than another glitter paint or glue I have, it doesn't give much glitter effect at all. This is a very fine glitter, more of a shimmer effect I think & I love it & you don't need much either. Do wash out your brush very well tho or it will get hard & be ruined.I noticed i got the crystal on a little too thick so used clean brush to take some off. On this you can't tell how nice it will be until the next day when it is dry. it is slow drying so need plenty of drying time to get the full shimmer. Hoping I can send some to my DIL who is nuts about the Pacific Ocean!! Thought she might like a shimmer on their tree too!! No,you can't make a hole in a shell by heating a turkey screwer & trying to push it through,LOL so will use Weldbond to glue gold cord to back of shell. I only painted the fronts of shells so they can tell they are real shells. Jan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here