Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A question for EWE?

Posted by junklover69 (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 11, 04 at 0:18

Many years ago, or maybe not so many..there were these wooly sheep that people put on their lawns, they were the color of sheep, some were black, but htey were really well made and stood up to the weather. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? Know wheere i could grt some? What were they called. Ay help ewe can give me would be appreciated. :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A question for EWE?

This was the only one I could find by googling.

Here is a link that might be useful: sheep

o

Thanks for the response, but what I was looking for was more 3-D, and had a fluffy coat. I can't believe I can't find them anywhere.

o

I used to make these ! It was just a flat wooden shape of a sheep - painted black with phoney fleece pulled over the body and stuffed with polyfill. The ears were just a single layer of fleece that hung down.I used hot glue on some spots and staples on the other. Boy -- I haven't seen those in a long time. I know there are "online craft malls" .... "and online craft fairs" ... maybe you could check there. I don't think they really had an "official name" ... maybe lawn sheep ?

o

Hi,

I found these, they kinda look fluffy.

Here is a link that might be useful: Sheep

o

I bet those are the ones she is looking for !

o

Thanks Toomuchglass, I think those might be what I'm looking for. I own 4 german shepherds and I thought they should have some sheep to look at. Outside their reach of course.

o

Those are very cute!

o

I used to have a lawn ornament business and we sold the lawn sheep altho I didn't make them. We had another crafter who made the BoPeep that went with it. Simple shape but she used oilcloth (like tablecloth) material on it. It lasted at least 10 years out in all Michigan weather til it fell apart. They'd last longer if I remembered to take them in.

Jackie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here