Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
my shutter creation

Posted by annielu (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 12, 07 at 21:55

Found some shutters in the trash, and got the skates for a buck!
Thought I'd post em since I haven't been here awhile!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: my shutter creation

Well, how cute! Did you do the painting on the skates yourself? If so, great job!

Where are you going to put it?

o

I really like the way you decorated the shutter. The ornaments that look like bread...are they? The skates are icing on the cake...uhh, I mean shutter. Great job!

o

Thanks all!
I did the painting onthe skates also. The ornaments are made from osnaburg and then I used modge podge and sprinkled them with mica.
I have a craft show in December, so this will hopefully be sold!

o
my shutter creation robolady

Yes you may use it on your site. I would be quite honored...

o

Annielu, I am going to show my ignorance here and say that I had to look up "osnaburg" to see what it is! LOL It made really neat ornaments.

o

I guess I need to start grabbing shutters when I see them at the curb...I love these!! It could be as simple or as complicated as you want it to be. If you don't like to paint, you really don't have to. You can add whatever you want on them! Thanks so much for sharing these!

o

That looks great! I would never have thought to hang the skates on the shutter. Of course, I'd never have been able to paint the skates as wonderfully as you did, so I'd probably be hiding the skates not displaying them.
Great Job!!

o

Those look great Annielu, your painting on the skates is darling. Luvs

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here