Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
where are you from (2)

Posted by gill_didsbury (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 23, 04 at 20:46

Hi All,
Well, looks like I am the one to start a new thread for this :-)
I am from South Asutralia, born UK came here when I was a teenager.
Gill (Gillian)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: where are you from (2)

I am from Vermont originally, then to Phoenix for many years and now in a little farm community in east central Kansas.

o

Born in Memphis TN, raised in the country, and somehow ended back up in the city :(

o

Flower Lover, how's the "junkin'" in Memphis? I live in north central Arkansas and get over that way every once in awhile - esp. when we're hungry for Beale Street and some barbeque! LOL

o

I am a lurker of this forum but I see lots of my kt friends are here.You all give out great ideals.Even had to get greg(my husband) to come look at this.We are from Shelby County Alabama where they say we are "red necks"You might see a recliner sitting out on the front porch someone setting in it sipping on a RC cola and eating a "MoonPie".No I don't have a recliner sitting on my porch.Ha ha...Some does.Anyways great to see where all is from.Keep up the great ideals.Catlady(Judy)

o

I've lived in this same area all my life. I live on the Texas
Gulf Coast, not too far, as the crow flies from Galveston, but
farther by road because I am off the "beaten path."

o

Des_Arc_Ya_Ya to tell the truth, i really have not seen much here lately, been looking between here and work. Thats as far as I have been getting. My son, and 2 of his friends finally got them and apt. and left a big MESS of my rooms(yes, i had 3 here, ages 21-29) I have a barn type storage shed that was/is packed w/their stuff, As soon as I can get it cleaned will be using it for "JUNK" and a place to work on crafts. It has air cond. for the summer and I have a heater to put in there. NOW IF I COULD ONLY GET IT CLEAN. I have put all the other stuff into one room so I can work on at least one of them.(my new sewing room)
Now for some reason I am craving BBQ...LOL

o

I know there are a lot unaccounted for. I'm still counting how many are from each state & country. "B"

o

I live in NE Tennessee, in the Mountains. The area is great when the flowers is blooming and the trees are green, you could not find a prettier place. We may have a snow or two during the winter but it is not too bad. Right now there is a lot of rain. I don't like raining days.

o

Illinois here, junker fever passed down from "poor white trash" family. I feel that's where this type of imagination comes from..."broke"! LOL.Some folks pay big bucks for the things we do on a daily basis. It's a blessing for me, and fun.

o

I'm a NY State gal...BUT I've lived in AZ,IL,NC and PA. Presently back in NY State living in a 170 some year old house that is in a constant state of repair and update.

o

I'm a Native Texan! I've lived in Michigan, Mississippi, England, New York, Wisconsin, Kansas, and Oklahoma. We came back to Texas almost ten years ago and I vowed never to leave here again!!! Never, never, never!

Barbara

o

Hello from South Alabama or L.A. as we call it (Lower Alabama) I grew up here, but traveled world-wide with a now ex-husband who was in the AF. I love my small town. I live in the house where I grew up (old, cold but with character!) and love junk.

o

Central Texas, on the banks of the beautiful Brazos River!!!
I've lived all over the world, and this is best!!!!

o

NW Florida Panhandle--Where Ivan made a visit recently. Lots of damage in our town.

o

Living in Rio Grande Valley and believe it or not, we have a freeze warning out over Christmas

o

Well I don't post here a lot....But you can count IOWA for me....We "got" a good bunch o junk here too...8)

patti

o

Well.......I am in IOWA too! Pattico, where in Iowa are you located? I agree with you, tons of places around our state for junk and for ideas to use it. Seems you don't have to go far to see junk in use!!!
Julie
(NW Iowa)

o

Just dropping over here from the garden junk forum for a bit. I am orriginally from NY, moved to Florida, back to NY, Florida again, NY again (LOL) then to Virginia and now back in NY..Guess cos I keep comming back here, it must be where I really belong..winters and all.
.......Liz

o

Just lurk here. Came up to Anchorage Alaska from the Kansas City area.

Watched too many of those Oprah shows for the Alaskan men, so I had to come up and get me one!

Gloria

o

Lurk here often,but seldom post,even though I've trashed to treasure many items.
Born and raised in province of Newfoundland on canada's east coast.
Currently living in southern Ontario.

Eliza ann

o

Born and raised in Michigan, farm life. Have lived here in Illinois near Scott AFB for 11 years now. Military "junking" is the best!

o

Hello from Dawson Creek B.C. Canada. The little city that sits at the Mile Zero of the Alaska Highway! History abounds here, the population however does not ;)
We are situated north of north in B.C. about a 26 hour drive down to Vancouver or a 14 hour drive up to Alaska.

and NO!!!!........... this is NOT where the t.v. show Dawson's Creek comes from

I haven't been around these forums in ages and now I remember why I used to be here often!

Here is a link that might be useful: Dawson Creek B.C. Canada

o

Live in a small town about two hours west of Chicago. Was born in Germany but came over here as a youngster. I haven't been around this forum in ages either but now that I am retired I can hang around here more often..;-)) Angie

o

....north central Minnesota here, and I love the ideas posted here, and at Garden Junk.

Phyllis

o

I'm a die hard floridian Born and raised!! They call us endangered species in this neck of the wood's not many of us left,seem's everyone transplant's here when they retire!
I live about 50 mile's from kenedy space center on the east coast. Love my sunshine and lack of cold weather!!
Cheri

o

Central Alabama here, St Clair County. We are really enjoying our strange weather this 'Winter'. Temp was around 75* today. I visit these boards everyday & really enjoy all the creativity. Betty

o

Lower Upstate New York, here...been here 25 years now. Beautiful 7 months of the year...crappy the other 5 months. We make maple syrup and I grow sweet corn. Foothills of the Catskills....God's country....except those 5 months I mentioned.

o

hi, i'm from winnipeg, canada. i am a lurker and love all your wonderful ideas. this morning i am looking out my window and it is -34 C. we had a blizzard last week and something like 40 cm. of snow fell. not much gardening going on outside right now.

o

New here but have had some trash bits hovering round the house that need treasuring up.

Born in Philadelphia, raised in Washington DC suburb, and lived round the world in first marriage. Now in Annapolis MD - happily.

o

I'm from North Carolina. Noticed now one else was. Have you ever heard of N.C. Love it lived here all my life and that is a long time.

o

York Haven,on the mighty Susquehanna,abiding in a $40K "dump".
Looking for the ToolShed.

o

I'm located in a small town in Southern AL--enjoy gardening and going 'junktiquing' with friends! Our weather has definitely been a little different this year--it's now too rainy for my tastes, but we need the rain to get the earth all ready for all those beautiful plants we'll enjoy this spring and summer!
Really enjoy ALL of these forums! What absolute GREAT FUN and wonderfully creative folks to 'hang out with'!

o

Hi all !!! I was born and still live in Venango County which is in northwest Pennsylvania!

o

Another lurker here, posting primarily at the Kitchen Table. I was born in Rhode Island, got to Kansas when I was 18 months old. Still here. I've always wanted to live somewhere in the south, but that will have to wait until I retire I think. Currently we're in the country, just outside the KC metro area.

o

Hi ya'll! I'm from the northeastern corner of Georgia.
Sure have learned a lot from you all.

o

West Texas.Born and raised in the same town and still live here.Guess I'll be here for the rest of my life,but can't imagine living anywhere else.......Lillie

o

I am a lurker too, Dont post much here. I am from Central Indiana....Karen

o

I'm a newbie here too, but I love these ideas!

I'm from Western Kentucky right on the Ohio River. We really don't have a ton of places to go "diving" in around here since last year. The county took away our county dumpsters and we all have to do the trash pickup. So if it's anything big or nice (read more than 100 gallons) you can't put it out, you have to take it to the dump ($10 per trip).

And you aren't supposta go diving in there either. But if you get a few friends and a couple of trucks, then you can kinda hide what you're doing and get some cool stuff sometimes.

o

I'm mostly a lurker but love this forum. Everyone is so friendly and willing to share ideas. I'm originally from NYC living in central Fl for the past 20 years. Still call NY home.

o

Hi, I like all the great ideas here and love looking at the pics.......I`m originally from North Carolina, but now live in Titusville, Florida...only been here for 8 months....
Hibiscus: where are you in Florida?
Brenda

o

Hi, I was borned and raised all my life in central Ohio. The buckeye state.

o

I have been a lurker for a long time and am finally going to start posting. Central Kansas is where I am located, "Best Kept Secret in Kansas" is our town logo. My personal logo "If it's in your trash today, it will be in my house tomarrow." My farmer brother-in-law has a fit when I ask to scavage his old farmsteads. Lovely iron gates and windows.

o

I'm in the Austin, Texas area. Been here about 25 years. Originally from the midwest.

o

A Georgia Peach here. NW GA to be exact. Love this forum, and have gotten lots of great ideas here, and had lots of fun using them!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

o

I'm in Southern Ontario, Canada, the Niagara Peninsula just a few minutes from Niagara Falls. I live in St. Catharines.

o

I am from Idaho. Good junk here not many interested in good junk. am glad I found you

o

Shelia, go over and check out Garden Junk.......I think you`ll like it......

o

Lurk mainly here and post on garden junk. Born in ID, and have lived in FL, MN, CA, and for past 25 years in So. Central Mo. in the Ozarks. Don't intend to move anymore. Bought a 140 acre farm, so DH said I can accumulate all the junk I want. lol.
Donna

o

Born and raised in East Texas, Bred in CA, lived back and forth and wish I was still at home in TX. I am an official CalTexan

o

Born & raised in Mississippi, but living now in Utah until I can talk DH into moving back. ;) Just found this site 2 days ago and I'm lovin it.

o

46 of my 52 years spent in Ontario, Canada. For the past 27 years, we have lived about 35 miles north of Toronto, Ontario. Yay, Canada!

Laurelann

o

I am in Niles Mi, just over the state line from Notre Dame Indiane, Born/raised in Illinois, married moved to Ca, then to Oklahoma: divorced & back to Illinois: remarried 2 years later, 6 years later we moved to a five acre farm south of Ludington, Michigan: on to South Bend,Indiana: then lived on a model survival ranch east of Medford, Oregon for a year: back to Indiana: here in Michigan for the past 12 years. I am 65. Curb shopping/garage saleing/Goodwill, green thumb, propagating, not bad at begging plants either

Vangy likes to play in the dirt, inside/outside

o

Vangy, we lived in South Bend for a few years back in the early 1950's. I was really little, but remember a few things about it. We also lived in Plymouth, IN.

o

I'm on Long Island...the eastern more rural part. I have lived on LI my whole life.

o

Born in Oregon (Portland)moved to Idaho,ca.,wyoming,back to Oregon, I now live in Oroville, Washington a border town right up the middle of Washington state (everyone here says we are at the end of the world. Poplulation 1500 this is IF missy had her baby) No stop lights, no wal-mart, no skyscrapers, but has all the wonders that God created. Mountains,lakes,valley's, BALD EAGLES, Buffalo, you name it its here and GARDEN JUNK. Been here 32 years now and I dont plan on moving.

o

Born and raised in rural central Texas, fled to Austin as quickly as I could. I love Austin. Texas is a big part of who I am, but if I ever have to leave Austin, I hope I'm leaving the state, too. (Which probably won't happen 'cause I don't want to leave my family behind.)

o

I too, am mostly a lurker and don't post very often. But work has been really slow for the past few days, so i've had the time to post! And I must say, I sometimes wish I never found this site, because now, I am addicted! But what a great site it is!

I was born and raised in CT, and still live here!! So I guess it's not all that bad. I've been fortunate in that I have done a lot of international travelling, so to me, that makes up for the lack of me living some where else...some where a little more exciting/exotic!

o

Just found this forum
Native Californian
Yes I was a Valley Girl. Moved to the Kern River Valley 25 years ago, 60 miles north east of Bakersfieds, Lake Isabella area. Mountains all around, pop. of our town about 1300. Shopping ia a 120 mile round trip but we would never move back to the city.
All our oak furniture was bought in junk shops back in the 60's when round oak tables were $10.00 and everyone thought I was nuts. Everything in my home was aquired at yard sales, swap meets or antique shops. All our treasures were somenon elses junk at one time.
Kernville, California

o

Hello all! I am mostly a lurker as well. I am from mid-west Georgia (Columbus). Love this forum, have learned a lot. You are all so creative and helpful!

o

Lurker here and on decorating board! I am from North Florida (Tallahassee). Love this forum also. Such great ideas. I actually found a T2T item today at Refuge thrift store that I plan to use in my garden. I will try and take pics later to share and see what ya'll think.

o

HI,

Also a lurker--mostly visit the sewing and quilting forums but love your ideas and check in often. Borna and raised in upstate New York--Capital District area.

o

i am from west georgia - born and raised- but have lived in southeast alabama since 1976. junk is my middle name!

o

First time visiting this forum from the great state of Maine. The snow is finally gone and now we are having a heat wave.

o

Iam a lurker too and want to thank you all for your great ideas, you all are fantastic, i live in canada, in the province of ontario and actually live right in the middle of canada, also spent most of my teen years living in largo florida (beside clearwater). my 17 yr old dd and i do a ton of crafty things. and hubbys favourite saying is i thought i told you no more stuff! enjoy your day and happy re-inventing! debbie

o

Lurking from MN.

o

Hi all! I'm an auctioneer in KY, where I was born and bred.

Love my junque!! :):)

o

San Diego, CA here -- at least until an earthquake changes things.

o

Eastern Shore of Maryland. On the Chesapeake Bay!

o

gped (above) and I have been yard-saling in San Diego almost every Saturday for the past 14 (?) years. Our Saturday mornings consist of yard-saling at 6:15 am, going to breakfast, then we hit the thrift stores followed by running errands. She's decorated her home with the most incredible art all found at yard sales. Unfortunately, my house looks like one big garage sale but hopefully that will change soon. ;-)

Love the creativity on this forum.

o

Another lurker! I live on a farm in northern lower Michigan. Love to read about all the ideas on here.

o

Sometime visitor but becoming more often from Arkansas. Born and raised in MS but love it here in the Ozark Region.

o

Bennettsville, South Carolina here for 51 years.. If you like mosquitoes, 90% humidity, and kangaroo courts, you would love it here!

o

Hi all,

Born in London, Ontario, Canada lived there with farmer Dad till 17 when he moved to farm near Regina, Saskatchewan on the mid-Prairies due to breathing problems and he had 40 years of good health on the prairies.

Univ. 6 years in Saskatoon, 10 years helping a few of hundreds of thousands of refugees get back on their feet after horribile Korean War - when modern war sweeps across most of your country, including your capital city, four times - you know what trouble is.

Met an Iowa girl in '58 (on blind date - she not my date) while at Univ. in Ithaca, N.Y., married in Korea and son born there. Daughter born while parish clergyman in Muskoka, Canada, lived in various area of Ontario, recently moved to (step-)Uncle's farm about 7 miles from farm where I grew up. My original 7 Br. home was torn down 20 years ago when they built freeway.

Happy to be enjoying good health at age 76.

Amelia D,

I've heard that when one sees a dog, one often finds that there's a certain similarity between dog and master.

Do you figure that may work for houses, as well?

Pattico, IowaJewel, etc.

I have a warm spot in my heart for Iowa, as my ex- grew up there and I visited there a few times during the '60s after our return from overseas. Watched Kennedy funeral at her Mom's home in Ankeny (Dad in Tipton).

KoffeeKupz,

Uncle Gordon Pack lived in Dawson Creek for years, three of his family there now. I visited a few years ago, when Chetwynd shutting down, homes going cheap. Guess I should have bought one.

Built in '42, the Alaska Highway provided the U.S. with a land link to Alaska, didn't it?

quiltglo in Anchorage,

You need something to glow ... when you have those three months of dark, don't you?

Have a great summer, everyone.

joyful guy

o

I am in north Georgia. About 40 miles from Hotlanta. I love anitques, but junk is my passion. You all have such great ideas here.

o

i've been lurking for a while now, and finally decided to take the time and join. There always seems to be such good advice given here.

I'm from San Diego, Ca~a special hi to 'gped' and 'gifted basket'. Did I maybe see you two at Koby's on Sunday? LOL I seem to have good luck at our local swapmeet, as well as a few thrift stores in the area. Garage saleing is the BEST back in my small hometown in IL!! Great bargains to be found there. I usually ship things back here, so what I save I spend in shipping. Here in SD i've had absolutely no luck with GS~is it the areas where I go 'shopping'? Please let me know there you guys hang out.

Glad to be here with all you friendly people!

o

Lurker from Northern Indiana, here.

o

Hi all,
I was born and raised in Columbus , Ohio and am now living in Mount Vernon, Ohio, out in the country. I've been a lurker for awhile and decided to join!

o

Native Texan - 30+ years SE of Houston

o

Another lurker here born and raised in NC.

o

HI I am a newbee just rambling .I live in cross sc
it is known as Santee Cooper Country near Lake Moultrie.
been here 41 years.
yardnut
(Myrtis)

o

Louisiana - southwest. I just recently discovered this forum and I love all of the great advise and suggestions. Great group of creative people!

o

South Alabama. So glad this group is free again! Yeah!!!!

o

central Iowa USA

o

Born and raised in North Central Ohio near Mansfield. Live in the country and loving it. Annielu I am about 45 minutes north from Mt.Vernon. I am between Marion and Mansfield in a town of about 200. Small communties that seems to have a lot of "junk". LOL. Greetings from Ohio, the heart of it all!

o

just a lurker from dothan alabama. I just purchased a digital camera....so when I figure it out i might just post something I have recycled. Love the ideas you guys have and, yes, I've copied several of them.....

o

good to see another alabama here.I am from roll tide too just between b'ham and montgomery.judy

o

Originally from SC, now in Florida, moving to GA (hopefully). I cling to stuff because I saw too much good stuff get tossed or ruined by my family when I was little (like an old roll-top desk that was set out on the porch to be ruined by the elements and an upright piano that was given away because nobody wanted to fix it up). I've "rescued" several family pieces and had them refinished. I love old worn out things, because it means someone loved them enough to use them.

o

just found this great forum today. born and raised in fort worth, tx. my papa had me sayin' texas born and texas bred and when i die i'll be texan dead by the time i was three! lol!!! i've lived in tx, ok (never again) and germany. told dh that we had to move back to tx until the day my folks die. then he can move us wherever he desires. :)
christina

o

Hi from Lewiston, Maine. I was the last baby born at my grandmother's house in South Casco, Maine. I have lived in MI for a few years since my family migrated there in 1973. I traveled all over, loved Paris but it's way too expensive! I really love Maine but since turning 50 the LONG COLD Winters are getting harder to take. I love the 4 seasons & being near the ocean. I was raised on a 60 acre farm but now I live almost in the middle of the "city". Lewiston is the 2nd largest city in Maine but it is hardly a city compared to Boston, NY or Dalls! There are plenty of trees and I have a lovely garden spot.
I am new to this forum & I love it!
Joyce

o

Hi everyone , I'm from ONTARIO CANADA

o

Hi from another Ontario junker! I am in the Niagara Peninsula near Niagara Falls Ontario. Right along the wine route!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

o

Hi Laney Bug here I am fron the big state of Alabama.
I was borned in Jacksonville Floridia and then moved here
when I was just a child. I have traveled other states
but always love to get back home to the southern roots!

o

I'm also a lurker. I was born in Miami, Florida. I grew up in Inglewood California. I now live in Franklin, North Carolina and love it. Lynn

o

hey ya'll, born and raised in northeat Ga., hey junebugz7 and mzmarty where ya at here in GA. we may be close enough to holler at each other, how's ya mama and em.

o

Hi Im still in jail...so send your letters and treats. the food here is very bad...

o

I am in Ontario, Canada, in the Niagara Peninsula 10 minutes from Niagara Falls and about 1 hour from Toronto.
Not very many Canadians here EH? Come on Canada, we have some great junk up here to turn into treasure.

o

I live in Gulfport, Ms. Until Katrina I loved it here, now I have a few doubts, I lost my brand new home,we had lived in it 8 days,it was hit by a tornado. We are now back in our home and working very hard at making this house into a home. We have been here 28 years, I say I wasn't born in the South but got here as fast as I could. I grew up in Chillicothe,Ohio. Love the forum, also garden junk forum. Nancy

o

born california. lived mainly in oklahoma and texas. now living in a little spot called boyd texas.yyyyyyyeeeeeehhhhaaaaaw

o

Hi Everybody!
I was born and raised in Puerto Rico. Just moved to Houston, Texas 2 1/2 years ago. Great place to live with very friendly people! Lots of things to do and see. Come and visit!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here