Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
one more fun piece

Posted by r_murray (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 27, 08 at 19:55

This piece started with of a motorcycle exhaust clamp. I filled it with cement (later painted blue), attached a cutout (from a redwood picket), drilled a few holes, attached 2 blue marbles, and 2 crystals (from an old chandelier). Then I mounted that assembly to a piece of polished cement and a recycled redwood post cap.
Photobucket
The Eye of Horus

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: one more fun piece

Certainly is a nice looking piece of work, but I just want to say also, that you must put loads of thought into the naming of your sculptures. They describe the work to a "T".

Nice going Robert!!!!

o

You have great talent.

o

Another wonderful piece. I like your names too.
kathy

o

I love it Robert....reminds me of a child dancing. It instantly put a smile on my face. Thank you for sharing your wonderful talent with us.~~Micki~~

o

Great job Robert! Love, love, love the blue color! Another quality creation!

o

AMAZING!!!

o

Wonderful, again!!
I am wondering, though, do you draw out what you have in mind and then find or make the pieces to fit, or do you have the pieces that just "come together" when you are fiddling with them and you think "ah ha!"?

o

You are an amazing artist...thanks for posting!

o

Another hit Robert!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here