Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Whatcha doin'???

Posted by Des_Arc_Ya_Ya (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 16, 04 at 19:45

I mean what project are you working on right now? My last project was taken away from me and done by my DH!(Not that I mind, at all! LOL) He took an old wooden medicine cabinet that had been my grandmother's, sanded and repainted it for me and hung it in our bathroom.

I found a photo of Grandma and me made when I was about six. He enlarged it for me and I have it sitting on top of the cabinet.

What about you? Wht's your latest project?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Whatcha doin'???

Your medicine cabinet and precious photo both sound great! Doesn't it feel good when you can get something accomplished?

I bought two small round tables I want to use as end tables in the living room. They were stained black and then painted white on top and distressed. I want them to be an antique walnut color. On another forum, I heard you could strip furniture with oven cleaner. Tried that, and it did not work at all. So, I used paint and stain stripper on them, with mixed and limited results. Now I have an expensive mess. I am tempted to throw them out and keep looking for tables that are already done in the finish I like (have been looking for a few years). My alternative is to have them professionally dipped. I shudder to think how expensive that would be!

Wish I could borrow your husband to come and take them over for me! LOL

o

Oh, trust me, he doesn't do professional quality work - he just has a strong arm and (I hope!) a weak spot for me! LOL

Have you tried airplane stripper? Seems like it's stronger than a lot of the others.

o

hi, been a little slow for me in the creative areas for about 6 mo,s but in the last 30 days or so I managed to make a arts and crafts area ,workbench , shelves , a shelf for craft paint,if I had a true talent I guess its what you call a studio but a place I can find all the craft junk is what i,m calling it.
also still casting concrete bugs, a hard hat mold with rail road spike or bolt legs easy . painted a few to look like lady bugs.want to put ten together for a catipillar or centipede or ?
made my first mosaic a few weeks ago flat marbles glued on a 8in. sq. pc. of plexi . a sun catcher sort of ,used my 6 yr.olds design so I can blame her practicing for a big pc. getting ready to start back on my kitchen remodel during christmas to long a list but I will get a digital camera for christmas then show you all .rick in wichita

o

For the past week or two I've been trying to get some Christmas decorations painted and decorated. I've had some of them for 3 years now...wooden ones, plaster ones, ceramic ones, resin ones, and some that I want to make. Some of these I have are mine but I have some that I promised my two daughters and a sister that I would paint for them! Good grief, this is worst than I thought...I better paint faster!

Barbara

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here