Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
old ski- to- new santa

Posted by ess1 (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 29, 04 at 18:41

I "recycled" one of the pair of old skiis into a Santa face . Thinking about a snowman for the other ski , or not.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: old ski- to- new santa

Oooooohhhh.....I collect Santas, so I can tell you right now, a "ski" Santa I do not have, well I do have one on skis, but not one made from a ski!!!! Fantastic....hmmmm wonder where I can find an old ski in Ohio!! lol

o

Oh, man! He looks good! Hoew about a Mrs. Santa for the other one???

o

AHHH! I love the santa!!!!!! kylie

o

No Fair!! I wish I could paint like that!!!

o

Wonder how an old fence picket would look fixed like that.
I can't paint good but maybe it would look halfway like old Santa. haha

o

How about turning it upside down and making a tree? You could do the same things as you did for santas wiskers and make a few triangle cutouts to delineate the tree shape? I like how you made it his entire face, so cute.

o

I like your Santa ski. Is it a water ski? You could paint Santa on an old surfboard, snowboard, sled or tobaggan.

Now a days I'm looking at everything around me that would make a painting surface. I still have my old skates to paint up.

Another idea for an object to paint Santa on would be a lobster buoy. They are oblong with a hanger on top.
If you google santa+buoy you should see what I mean.

Cozy

o

What a neat idea! How about a reindeer for the other one--Rudolph perhaps??? Sort of like the clothespin reindeer on a bigger scale---cute!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here