Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
cutting peices out of a dresser?

Posted by beckerster (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 29, 07 at 18:19

ok guys... i need some advice on power tools :P i'm planning on turning an old dresser into a cage for my lizard.

but i'm going to need to cut out the slats that the drawers sit on and cut some holes in the back for wires and such...

anybody have any knowledge or ideas about small compact saws or anything like that?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: cutting peices out of a dresser?

Hi, A jigsaw should work well for that. If you don't own one, you can borrow or buy one. Some models are inexpensive. It should easily cut out the slats on front. To cut holes in the back, drill a hole big enough for the jigsaw blade to fit into. Then just saw away. It's always a good idea to practice on a piece of similar material first. Don't forget to post before/after pics! Hope that helps. Linda

Here is a link that might be useful: Jigsaw

o

I was going to suggest a jigsaw also. I think it would be the best tool for the job and they are really easy to use, even if you aren't too knowlegable about power tools in general. I got one a few years ago, and I think I only paid about $20 for it. It has paid for itself, time and time again!

o

sweet! thanks for the info...i didnt know you could get those things so cheap!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here