Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ornament Hangers

Posted by kudzukween (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 18, 08 at 17:43

If you have a string of beads that's broken, or a beaded tree garland that broke, use the beads to make matching ornament hangers. All you need is a spool of wire, a pencil and a marker to curl the wire around, and a small pair of pliers. I used beads from a 9' bead garland that matches my decorations.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kudzu's Blog

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ornament Hangers

I love the ornament hangers...was thinking about making some since I saw some on the holidays forum...just haven't gotten to it yet.

o

Those hangers are so cute!! You seem to come up with something different every day or two!! Never thought of taking garlands apart until I saw all the stuff people do with them on here. I found our Dollar Tree it's only about 5 miles away!! Jan

o

Ya'll are so sweet! Thanks:D I made another version of hanger that I like better. You'll be gluing your beads on instead of crimping the wire. Photos on my blog with how-tos. I've already made over 25 ornament hangers with plenty of the garland beads left over! DH bought me a spool of 20 gauge wire for about $3, so it's a very inexpensive craft, but beautiful and functional, and children can make them quickly and easily. If you need a craft to keep the kids busy while Mom is Christmas shopping, this is it! And they can make gifts for everyone with their limited budget :D

Here is a link that might be useful: Kudzu's Blog

o

Oh, and I just gave my gold beads to an artist I know. Oh well. Love your pointsettias from ribbon too!
kathy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here