Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mini Reindeer

Posted by kudzukween (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 13, 08 at 17:40

I'd use a green twig, or a twig that recently fell for this craft. I tried dried out ones, and they crumbled when I drilled them. You'll need a twig to cut the body, and a head. Then a smaller twig for 4 legs and a neck. An even smaller twig with branches coming off for the antlers. Drill the holes you need and glue them to make sure they don't fall apart,lol! These would look cute as a table top decoration or set in a potted plant!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here is a link that might be useful: Kudzu's Blog

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mini Reindeer

Those came out so cute!! I had seen them with a couple of corks a long straight 1 on bottom & smaller or 1/2 1 on top but I really like these, is that fragrant wood? That would make them even more special. Old wood(dead) is so much harder to cut or drill also. These look just made for the season! Jan

o
RE: Mini Reindeer

Thanks Sunny :D I used Azalea twigs,my Azalea bushes are more like trees !
I did see a lady make some out of wine corks, and I want to try that since my younger sister gave me a wine making kit and a storage bin of wine bottles. There must be a hundred corks in there.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here