Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Thngs to do with the foil-like coffee bags

Posted by concretenprimroses (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 11, 12 at 16:53

I have a couple of ideas, but, unfortunately, my favorite coffee comes in these bags so I need more ideas:

1. Use a bag to turn anything into a vase (they are water tight). For example I have a pretty art pottery raku vase that water slowly seeps out of, so I put a coffee bag inside and Voila!

2. Give away seedlings and cuttings. Sunflowers for example. We give them to people when we dig up the garden club beds in the spring. We get hundreds of seedlings. People can even carry them easily an cleanly home on the bus.

Ok what else? Any ideas for beautiful crafts? I'd love to turn them into something.

TIA

Kathy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Thngs to do with the foil-like coffee bags

Well I make a couple of wallets. I tried one out today at the indoor farmers' market. Wow it smelled nice every time I pulled it out. and it is so thin!
The guy who wrote theinstructable says he sells them for $7 and that someone offered him $10. I find that hard to believe. I do like mine quite a bit, but I'm thinking $4.
Kathy

o

Well, no one else is posting. Heres a pic of the wallets, except the one I'm using which I love because it is so thin.

CIMG2717

Kathy

o

Kathy, I keep EVERYTHING to make something with-But I don't have any ideas for these. I don't drink coffee at all so no bags to experiment with.
Have you googled 'pinterest foil coffee bag ideas'
You might find something there.

o
wallets

My dh found some magnet tape and thin strips of metal in the cellar, leftover from a project 30 years ago (lol, or gasp.) So I'm going to test my wallet with a magnetic closure. I don't like the noise the velcro makes when I open it. Unfortunately this just proves that you should never throw anything away because you might need it someday.
I used mine shopping yesterday and left my purse in the car. I kept thinking I'd forgotten it because it is so thin.
My friend and I went shippiing at local stores in the downtown where I grew up. One of them is a mancave store. I may ask him to carry the coffeebag wallets after my sale. Tho actually I think women might like them better.
Kathy

o

I never buy coffee in bags so I was totally in the dark. Thanks everyone.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here